Navman Tracker 5500i external aerial

kevsbox

www.kevsbox.com
Hi all

Sometimes when the sprayhood is up we find our Navman will lose connection to satellites. We have a Navman Tracker 5500i I was wondering if it is possible to find and external aerial to this model which we could fit clear of the sprayhood.

Thanks for any ideas

Kev

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
I had the 5500 model (no I) and used a small puck style external antenna. The back had a small plug to screw the antenna into.

RunAgroundHard

Visit site
My Navman 5500 started failing, fixed a couple of times, then the screen started to dim significantly and repair was very difficult to impossible.

They are getting long in the tooth now, chart cards are expensive to buy and keep updated.

I eventually changed it out for a modern plotter. Lots of tablet based plotters at low cost with Apps and charts at very low price. Don’t fight the thing if it is failing. Hope your keeps going as they are decent kit.

B27

Visit site
Some of the older GPS units used to improve performance if left powered up for a good length of time, like a few days.
Something to do with trimming out the frequency drift over time?

The kit has improved over the years, but I still like my HH Magellan as a back up.
Waterproof with a sunlight-viewable screen is a big plus sometimes!

kevsbox

www.kevsbox.com
Thanks for the replies, we tried out a tablet this weekend and the sunlight glare was a big problem so we are now thinking of getting a new dedicated plotter. The Navman was very good until it started playing up, what do other people recommend?