Navionics Boating App Problems.

Geoff Wode

Visit site
Hi,

I’m having recurring problems with Navionics on an iPhone. Basically, unless in airplane mode, the app fails to redraw the map and frequently unexpectedly quits.

Latest version, plenty of free memory, minimal background tasks, etc.

I’ve forwarded the crash logs to help@navionics.com

I have an iPad running navionics as a chart plotter plus a hand held farming and paper charts. This ongoing problem is pushing me towards a new MFD as my confidence in navionics has gone.

Anyone else had problems? IMG_7381.pngIMG_7380.png

Refueler

Visit site
I know this is not an answer ... but my Android phones and tablet update and all fine ...

I have a pal with Ipad and he has similar no problem, but on his iPhone - he has made odd comments that its not as good as the tablet. He even commented a few times that certain info was not on the iPhone - but showed on the iPad .... ??

Geoff Wode

Visit site
That’s weird. They should be like for like. I don’t notice any difference switching between the two.

The advice from Garmin was to uninstall and reinstall (the same standard advice on their website), something I’ve done around 20 times since the problem first arose with no joy. No feedback on the crash logs I dutifully supplied.

I think it’s hardware time.

Refueler

Visit site
Again Android ... I have noticed that when updating my Phone and Tablet same day ... the Tablet update is normally substantially larger in Mb's than the Phone update. In fact I can have a 1+Gb update on the Tablet and a 100+Mb on the phone .....

This tells me that maybe the navionics detects and chooses update based on phone or tablet ??

Refueler

Visit site
I have a feeling it may not be Navionics .... in the model world where tablets / smartphones can provide FPV display ... iPhone has a very chequered history of this sort of thing ...
Worth checking to see if the iPhone had an update as well ...

MikeBz

Visit site
No issues on my iPhone 11 or iPad. Except, slight thread drift, I can’t find any way to display grid lines on the chart. Searching the web reveals no answers. Can it be done?