Navigation tablets

ianj99

Visit site
I would recommend a waterproof Sony Xperia for cockpit use but they are much more expensive than a Hudl2 so perhaps start with the Hudl2 and the charts suggested by l'escargot and, if you really get into it, save up for an Xperia + Navionics as a longer term solution.

Richard
+1 I have a 10" Z2 with Memory Map and its excellent. Screen is not bad to read in bright sunlight unless its reflecting it directly into your eyes.

The front camera is handy for making decent quality impromptu videos on route.

fredrussell

Visit site
Nothing to add except to say I bought a Media Devil anti glare screen protector for my ipad2 and its much improved screen visibility in sunlight. There's a myriad of anti glare screens available on Amazon - i went for one of the more pricey ones at £15 and I'm glad I did. Money well spent. I run Navionics and have been pleased with it so far.

tarik

Visit site
Many thanks to all of you who replied to my earlier message re Tablets. I have taken the plunge and bought a 10" iRulu tablet. It has GPS fitted and a whole load of other stuff which I will never want to access. I intend to load as much navigation data as possible - charts etc. I know that this model is at the economy end of the market but I intend to use the rest of this season and winter familiarising myself with the various apps etc and possibly next year get a more expensive - Samsung tablet if necessary.

Happy sailing and fair winds.

David

Evening all

I have been reading this months PBO article re Tablets etc and their use for plotting etc. I am a pencil and paper plotter onto charts, but must drag myself into the modern era.

Can anybody recommend a reasonable and economic GPS tablet for me to get, in order to take advantage of the benefits of up to date plotting procedures etc.

many thanks

Tarik[/QUOTE]