NASA Instruments: buzzer voltage?

Poignard

Visit site
Can anyone tell me please, what is the operating voltage of the buzzer (bleeper) that comes with NASA instruments, eg Clipper Depth Sounder.

The NASA part number is SM523-BUZZER

Refueler

Visit site
Last edited:

Poignard

Visit site

VicS

Visit site
Can anyone tell me please, what is the operating voltage of the buzzer (bleeper) that comes with NASA instruments, eg Clipper Depth Sounder.

The NASA part number is SM523-BUZZER
If you have an old one it may be marked on the back

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
In take it you have the manual ? I know it does not give voltage of the buzzer - but shows it wired to the green and black wires in mine.

I have to say that mine hardly ever sounds when it should !!

I have a feeling its an Active 12V ....

If you need a new one ...... Spare alarm buzzer - Clipper, Target and Cruiser Depth - Nasa Marine Instruments
Probably "Bog Standard 12 volt" Most buzzers of that type, Piezoelectric, have a large voltage range. Load of 3-24 volt, for example, available on line.

AngusMcDoon

Visit site
Probably "Bog Standard 12 volt" Most buzzers of that type, Piezoelectric, have a large voltage range. Load of 3-24 volt, for example, available on line.
There are some where all you need is a DC voltage applied to make them buzz, & others that need a driving circuit that oscillates. Datasheet will need to be consulted. The last commercial device I worked on the electronic engineer had specified the wrong type - all you get is a click.

Refueler

Visit site
There are some where all you need is a DC voltage applied to make them buzz, & others that need a driving circuit that oscillates. Datasheet will need to be consulted. The last commercial device I worked on the electronic engineer had specified the wrong type - all you get is a click.

Active vs Passive.

Most applications like this use the ACTIVE type ... built in driver.