Name that Boat.

BarryH

Visit site
Over the last couple of weeks we've all chipped in and helped! Grumpy out with little snippets and gems of info. So we've covered life jackets to liferafts and echo sounders to EPIRBS. But the one thing that hasn't arisen is the name for this new overly equiped floating purchase of his. So I'm going to start the ball rolling with the two that have sprung to mind. Don't Panic and Self Preservation.

captain.gif

G

Oh! great Barry, I have been slaving over my books, assisting in highly educational threads and you come back from the pub with a 'great idea'. Well I will now have to face the humiliation of all the other drunks coming up with smart arse answers. Anyway that info was on a confidential IOW thread, or so I thought /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

(Damage limitation exercise)
OK, Bottle of Champagne and a free ride on the boat to the person who's 'sensible' name is chosen by my wife for our new boat. Answers please by the end of next week.

BrendanS

Visit site
Don't Panic gets my immediate vote, brilliant series, and very apt, though it brings other possibles to mind such as 'Don't forget the towel' though this doesn't really sound plausible in this context, as I'm sure he hasn't forgotten anything! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

See you are SO bloody funny, can you just imagine this scenario :-

Mayday, Mayday, Mayday
This is :- Don't Panic, Don't Panic, Don't Panic
Mayday, Don't Panic

Need I go on ..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renegade_Master

Visit site
I claim that champagne now Grumpy boat name "Gon'R'Last" anagram of Glastron get it

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

G

Now, I get that one Clive, I can see who the brains are here, obviously something to do with brooms /forums/images/icons/wink.gif. I think you are in the lead so far.

G

None left I'm afraid /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif. 'Safe but Skint' may be appropriate

sgball

Visit site
With a bottle of Champagne up for graps what about:

Le Champagne OR
Moet et Chandon, Laurent Perrier, Dom Peridnon, Krug, Korbel, Feuillate, Mumm, Deutz, Taittinger, Prosecco, Lindauer, Sequra, Demoiselle, Cavalier, Lanson, Seppelt.

My favorite champagne Moet et Chandon

Best name for your boat SEQURA (sounds quite nautical)

Regards

Trudie

Renegade_Master

Visit site
Hedging yer bets S still think mines better (I can taste the champers now)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

G

Now are you sure you are not a broom owner? nice name and in the running. I do like Krug, it is my favourite champagne, but I have a very special bottle of Champagne for the winner. The winner will announced at 7pm on Friday evening.

G

AHA! Small ships register !! Where does that number go, on the sails? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

sgball

Visit site
No I don't own a broom (I have a Dyson) oops sorry.
Currently a Raider owner, hoping to be a Riva owner soon.
Krug - One of the most expensive! now you have a new boat you can't afford that.
Regards
Trudie

G

how numbers or letters is it, can you give me an example. I have 24 fenders on the vessel, I need to ensure that I get it in a good spot to be seen.

rich

www.portofjersey.je
any where facing back where it can be seen 2inch will do, ssr859621 example, ps thats not your number!
6 fenders is enuff,,,,
rich :)) <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by rich on 16/02/2003 00:25 (server time).</FONT></P>

BrendanS

Visit site
Don't take this personally, this is true. My favourite all time boat name is 'Wayne Kerr' One of the ppc members had this one. Just read it out loud, then imagine saying that on a Mayday call /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif