Mykonos Marina

charles_reed

Visit site
Thank you Palarran: my concern was with previous reports of foul areas and anchor problems, but I have just heard from two yachts who have been there this month - and put me right.

Confirmed by a long posting on CA site by Chris Robb, in the last fortnight - don't use your anchor, some of the tails have been replaced but they're cut as soon as renewed by visitors strippers. Marina management struggling to keep up with attrition.

jimbaerselman

www.jimbsail.info
Confirmed by a long posting on CA site by Chris Robb, in the last fortnight - don't use your anchor, some of the tails have been replaced but they're cut as soon as renewed by visitors strippers. Marina management struggling to keep up with attrition.

Leaves me with a picture of naked crew leaping overboard, knife in hand . . .

ITH

Winter in Kent, rest of the year on board
Visit site
Thank you Charles; we have just left Mykonos, where we had N 4 to 6 for several days. The situation was a little chaotic with crossed lines and fouled anchors. As you say, management (Nikos) is struggling, and in the N basin there is a heavy mooring line chain running W to E, about half way between the two quays, which caught out yachts that did not lay their anchors far enough out to avoid it. Space was also quickly being taken by yachts from 'local' charter operations. The large area of unmade ground to the E and the NW of the basins is a sand trap; together with the strong winds we were quickly covered in orange sand.