Musto v HL clothing

G

Just about to invest in some offshore sailing gear - Any advice on merits of Musto / HL offshore smock?

Thanks.

G

Personally I'm wearing Musto but I believe by my wife's experience that Jeantex provides better value for your money.... Br, Clown

billmacfarlane

Visit site
For what it's woth I use both. I've got an 15 year old Musto jacket which still keeps me dry as a bone. I've got a pair of HL trousers which have done the same for 7 years. I ditched the Musto trousers because I found the zip very awkward. Try both sets - they are both very high quality then try on something in a different price range and see what you think.

charles_reed

Visit site
I've still got the bridge coat I bought from HL at the 1978 Boat Show - apart from 3 sets of buttons and resewing the buttonholes, it is as good as new and still waterproof.
I also have 10 year old HL Ocean racing trousers which, apart from mould-staining, are utterly serviceable.

I did buy my wife and self some cheaper waterproofs (they were the top of that manufacturer's range) and they lasted me two seasons and my wife 5.

I've never had ant Musto waterproofs, but have bought their trousers and would judge the workmanship only slightly inferior to Henri Lloyd.

pete

Visit site
Bought a Musto costal jacket and was very disapointed with it, velcro down zip started loosing long strands of nylon and jacket material started de laminating eg bubbles everywhere after about 15 months use I now have Helly Hanson jacket (much better)