Music option

dgadee

Visit site
I installed a new Bluetooth radio in the boat but found I hardly used the radio function, instead using my smartphone to get better reception and play music through it. I have just found a better option, perhaps. I splashed out on a UE Boom wireless speaker at an airport a few days ago. I had heard one at a friend's house and was surprised by qualit of sound, size and waterproof nature. Can be used down below or in cockpit.

Quite expensive (£140) but happy enough with something so flexible.

dgadee

Visit site
+1

My taste in music is very different to the crew's. We can listen to our own music without upsetting each other and every other boat within 15 miles.

I know what you mean. Anchored in Lochranza and an old boy blasting out The White Cliffs of Dover. And since no-one I know can take my interest in the minimalist school of composition I plan to take wireless earphones on an upcoming trip.

stu9000

Visit site
For some reason I am just not listening to music on board. I used to. The boat is newish to me so I'm still learning her ways and hearing is a vital sense. And maybe I'm just getting older ... But I just love the sound of the wind or the lapping water or the birds feeding on the mud. Best music in the world .