Mucky Farters Emigrating

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Have I missed something? Is she sold now or just going on holiday?

Spi D

Visit site
So, afterall these foreigners aren't all a complete waste

...the time wasting foreign buyers. In my opinion there are little amount of buyers about that can commit to fuel and mooring bills, along with insurance and general running costs for my type of boat.

Mind you, these buyers from abroad are only victims of the coincidence, that their currency at the moment is strong against the pound.

That doesn't make their money worse than any, IMO, and if at the end of the day it makes a deal securing ££ in your pocket, it just might be OK?

DAKA

Visit site
She's going to Sweden. Over land to Ipswich. Then taking herself to Sweden.

Sorry its an end of an era Haydn but pleased you have managed to sell :)

I bet the new owner is pleased of the extended tank , perhaps it was that photo that sold it after all :)

wtf.jpg

BarryH

Visit site
It won't last long, it didn't with me. Took about 4 years before the itch got too much and then went back to my Raggie roots nd bought another hole in the water. A lot cheaper to run, fuel wise. Dunno about other running costs. Seem to be using money like water at the moment.

deborahann

Visit site
Sorry its an end of an era Haydn but pleased you have managed to sell :)

I bet the new owner is pleased of the extended tank , perhaps it was that photo that sold it after all :)

wtf.jpg

shussh he doesn't know about the tank, the boat seller said remove it, and as for the tartan shopping trolly the less said the better & no idea what appears to be stuck in it, an axe ? .:D

Last edited:

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Well, I cant say that I sold her, more or less gave her away. It seems the only way. The only enquiries I got was, half price before I come to look. Then a bit more off, because he fancied a different upholstery colour.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Well, I cant say that I sold her, more or less gave her away. It seems the only way. The only enquiries I got was, half price before I come to look. Then a bit more off, because he fancied a different upholstery colour.

... but at least you got them over the line, well done. End of an era, as others have said. Very best wishes to you.

Cheers
Jimmy

D

Deleted User YDKXO

At least its done, hlb, but I guess it must have been even more depressing given the length of time you owned her. Hope things pick up for you from now on

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Sad day for you, perhaps, but you can look back on more great memories than most of us HLB, so there should be no regrets, eh ...

Yes it's very sad after combing the English Chanel and Irish sea for twenty five years. No idea what we will do with our selves now. But the back and legs have made it just to painful to visit her any more.

Still. not many boats could earn her reputation, or is that infamy. :D

Heres a few of her old movies, just to see her off.

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/haydn_2006/?action=view&current=MuckyGoesDitchCrawlng_0001.mp4

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/haydn_2006/?action=view&current=MUCKYGOESTOWAR_0001.mp4

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i81/haydn_2006/?action=view&current=TheNudeOnTheBeach.mp4

Divemaster1

Visit site
Mixed feelings to see her go I bet!!

Perhaps a "Top 10 MF stories" should be collated and issued as a nautical publication as a "Lessons Learned" for the new generation of boaters... and as a Christmas stocking filler for those more seasoned...

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Glad and sorry, title of an old Faces song, describes how I feel. Had some great times on MF, let's hopes she's going to a good home.