Moving to the Canaries?

Zing

Visit site
In the 18months I have lived here in Los Cristianos ….. and been out to sea with 99% wind less than f3, biggest waves from the ferry.
Is that a good thing? The Caribbean in contrast is f4-6 for 99% of the time.

Cheery

Visit site
We visited a nice burger bar, Rock n Hops, close by there in September and sat outside but it was very windy. Food was lovely though.

billskip

Visit site
A friend is winging his way here to Tenerief as we speak.
He is at 35k feet in a 737MAX8........I'm not going to tell him....

billskip

Visit site
I saw a picture earlier and the weather looks decidedly damp.
Sunday was rain in los Cristianos, Monday and today no rain, I went to El Medano today ...not a kite in sight...haven't been there for a while and didn't realise the carpark is now moved, also naked female sun bathers on the beach....

balder

Visit site
Last year, we were able to go to the beach mostly every days during winter months. I can tell you this is quite different this year! Rain and grey sky in Tenerife, and further in Las Palmas.But it doens t look better in Med and yachts during their passages to the caribbean encountered a lot of wind and bloody swell....
The issue with Canarias islands is they are victims of their success. Too much yachts and total lack of really comfortable and safe anchorages.
I have had my anchor stuck in rocks in Papagayo anchorage outside of Rubicon. My trawler is around 55 metric tons, it was not a pleasant moment...
Las Palmas plans to create new superyacht marina and remodeling existing berths to create more space available may be a solution. But prices are still increasing and most of times now, electricity and water is billed separately. Waiting lists and " please send an email!" are more frequent. It reminds me the French riviera 20 years ago....
But local people are so friendly and relax!!!

billskip

Visit site
A friend arrived last Sunday, we are off today for a tour around the scenic route from Cristianos to Gigantes, it's his first time in the Canaries and is welcoming the warm weather.
Out on the floaty thing next week.
Ok it's a bit overcast some of the day,and grey sky inland over the mountains, but that's nature innit, I haven't experienced a total of10 days of rain over the last 18months.

ashtead

Visit site
I just hope all this bad weather burns out by May although as I have to deal with property when out there hopefully it won’t be too hot. Any views on current decent places to eat on the roads from Los C to Gigantes for a weary traveller? I trust the chicken shack is still running ?

Cheery

Visit site
We usually got to Oasis in Adeje once per trip. Chicken 3 ways plus potatoes or chips and a tomato, onion and lettuce salad and that's it.