Moving boat from West to East

Wansworth

Visit site
First post here but probably read daily, so hi ?

Well I’ve only gone and bought a boat (Bavaria 36)! It’s been tough finding one, the market is very buoyant and certainly wish I’d bought two years ago when I first came up with the idea ?‍♂️

Anyway the best day of boat ownership is approaching and hopefully the second best day is a long way off!

The boat is currently in North Wales and I’m looking to move it to Essex with the help of a delivery skipper/instructor.

Read so much great advice (and I’m probably going to need lots more) on here already and hoping there’s some great recommendations for an Instructor/Skipper who would be able to help me achieve the above.

I have day skipper but I’m nowhere near competent/confident/qualified (delete as you wish) enough to take this on on my own.

Are there any recommendations for a good instructor/skipper who would be great for the above?

What kind of timescales do you think would be necessary for this journey?Whilst I’m not looking to meander slowly along the South Coast, I don’t want to do the whole trip without stopping a couple of times, presume we will need to anyway for provisions/morale.

Lastly, and I’ve not thought huge amounts about this, crew? Instructor/skipper, myself, one or two others?

As you can tell I’m right at the beginning of planning this so any thoughts you can throw in will be helpful.

Thanks all ?
Halcyon seem interesting ,yacht deliveries etc…….oops Didn’t notice the date?