Mouting brackets for name plates

Harry.c.

Visit site
Hi,

I'm creating a bespoke mounting bracket which is going to be attached with stainless steel screws.
Can anyone recommend stainless steel screws with a pre-applied threadlocking compound to secure it in place so that the plate doesn't come off ?

Thanks

VicS

Visit site
Hi,

I'm creating a bespoke mounting bracket which is going to be attached with stainless steel screws.
Can anyone recommend stainless steel screws with a pre-applied threadlocking compound to secure it in place so that the plate doesn't come off ?

Thanks

Why not just use Loctite ?

You can get a Loctite threadlockers which can be pre-applied if necessary. Seach for Dri-Loc

Last edited:

Harry.c.

Visit site
I ended up getting some screws with nylon patches because the sign will need to be replaced within the frame without using a heat gun.
I'm going to get some aerotight nuts to stop the bolts coming out of the hollow section if its knocked. I've just seen the Nord-Lock washer test videos and they look pretty reliable, especially if we use lock nuts with them.

VicS

Visit site
I ended up getting some screws with nylon patches because the sign will need to be replaced within the frame without using a heat gun.
I'm going to get some aerotight nuts to stop the bolts coming out of the hollow section if its knocked. I've just seen the Nord-Lock washer test videos and they look pretty reliable, especially if we use lock nuts with them.

sorry I dont understand the significance of the comment about a heat gun