mounting inflatable in davits

Visit site
Just changed my worn out tinker tramp for a Bombard AX3. Any good ideas on where to attach the lifting shackles. the tinker was easy it had solid floors. The transom seems obvious but where at the front?

Billjratt

Visit site
Buy a couple of fittings and glue them on where it suits your particular setup.. Maybe if your davits stabilise the dinghy by going across the top, you only need one point at the front. We need more info

Visit site
when hoisted the davits does stsbilize the dinghy and the fact that I can separate the lifting points on the transome also helps. My davits are about 1.5m apart which puts the front lifting point just where the bow starts to narrow and the floor slats finish. I have noticed that there are two rings on the underside at this point. Are these designed to take some sort of strap which goes round the outside or do I still have to fix a ring on the inside. thanks for your help. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DaveS

Visit site
I also have a slatted floor dinghy, with the slats held in sleeves. I made up 2 lifting harnesses out of 5mm lines, each spliced in a loop under each end of a slat, with the middle seized to a carbine hook. The sleeve holds the under-slat loops apart and the carbine hooks clip on to the falls. Fully raised on the davits it can be tipped over to empty out water, then secured using the bights of the falls passed through its lifeline rings and tied round the davits.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
I made a bar up that fitted to these two eyelets and then to the davits.. this held the lines away from the sides of the tender and avoided any issues with the lines rubbing and damaging the tender (I actually used an old roof rack bar - worked perfectly!)