Most expensive South Coast marina's

dave_gibsea

Visit site
A week or so ago we popped into Poole YC marina for the night, one of out long-term favourites in that area as they are so friendly and its very convenient for the town... This time we were shocked to be charged £45.22 for a 26 footer! (£5.71 per meter to be precise)! I thought the going rate was about £4.00 to £4.50 on the south coast. HAs anyone had similar experiences?

Looks like the anchor will getting a bit more use from now !

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
A week or so ago we popped into Poole YC marina for the night, one of out long-term favourites in that area as they are so friendly and its very convenient for the town... This time we were shocked to be charged £45.22 for a 26 footer! (£5.71 per meter to be precise)! I thought the going rate was about £4.00 to £4.50 on the south coast. HAs anyone had similar experiences?

Poole, Lymington Yacht haven and Bucklers hard have little to choose between them price wise.

PhillM

Visit site
Most expensive that I have experenced this year was MDL in Mercury. BH suprising cheaper than expected. Also I have noted that the majority are charing a premium for electricty and at MDL that is imporpoated as an 'extra' even if you dont want it.

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
Most expensive that I have experenced this year was MDL in Mercury. BH suprising cheaper than expected. Also I have noted that the majority are charing a premium for electricty and at MDL that is imporpoated as an 'extra' even if you dont want it.
They’d get a piece of mupy mind if they charge me for electricity. We have no shore power socket and no 240v equipment

Tranona

Visit site

The club rate is pegged to that of the Harbour Commissioners Poole Haven rate

johnalison

Visit site
They’d get a piece of mupy mind if they charge me for electricity. We have no shore power socket and no 240v equipment
In spite of the occasional inconvenience, I much prefer the continental habit of paying for electricity per unit on the pontoon. Many of them paid in 50 cents or euros and others by tally cards, the best system being at Cuxhaven.

LiftyK

Visit site
I was surprised to see Sutton Harbour in Plymouth charges £5 per metre per day. It didn’t seem nearly so high two years ago. This is a great shame as I had a great stay there at that time.

Rappey

Visit site
This time we were shocked to be charged £45.22 for a 26 footer! (£
This does appear to be a similar price around the solent. Haslar and premier are £41-£42 for 10m.
A lot of people have said overnight prices are getting a little too rich for them.
Didnt marinas have a price band up to 10m then a slightly higher one from 10 to whatever.. they are now 8-12m in the lower range.

ylop

Visit site
I was surprised to see Sutton Harbour in Plymouth charges £5 per metre per day. It didn’t seem nearly so high two years ago. This is a great shame as I had a great stay there at that time.
It’s crazy - it’s almost like there’s rampant inflation! Energy prices. Borrowing costs (I’d guess most marinas are highly leveraged). Consequential salary costs.

Are you all on index linked pensions or something that this stuff has passed you by?

Theres still seems to be plenty of demand for marina berths so I don’t see costs falling soon.

Sybarite

Visit site
In spite of the occasional inconvenience, I much prefer the continental habit of paying for electricity per unit on the pontoon. Many of them paid in 50 cents or euros and others by tally cards, the best system being at Cuxhaven.
I prefer the system in my marina - Locmiquélic - where there is no charge.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
Sutton's, who also own King Point, pricing went barmy two years ago. I had a 25% increase in fees and they would only offer an annual contract, I have better things to spend my beer tokens on and left for a local mooring.