Mooring woes may be boat dream in Tatters

Hurricane

Visit site
It's not looking good on the new to us boat purchase, as she is on the East Coast thought would put her on the Thames,emailed around 10 mooring places not one reply, tried West Wales long waiting lists at Milford and Neyland and Rudders Boat Yard, dry stack Mrs is not keen on the price, looked at a swing mooring but with needing new knees think the tender to boat transfer would not be pretty, last chance is South Wales so emailed the usual places, if nothing looks like owning the boat will be a no go sadly.😔
The owners of Rudders boatyard are good friends - if thats any help.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
Great news, best of luck. I’m sure you are aware but just in case…. The river at Tewkesbury is prone to flooding, so you need to be prepared. Your moorings provider will have more specific local information.

D and G

West Wales - Boat- princess 25 called Jardice Deux
Visit site
Great news, best of luck. I’m sure you are aware but just in case…. The river at Tewkesbury is prone to flooding, so you need to be prepared. Your moorings provider will have more specific local information.
Yes these moorings are supposed to handle flooding,famous last words lol, going to see them tomorrow so will make them squirm with my flooding questions

stelican

Visit site
Yes these moorings are supposed to handle flooding,famous last words lol, going to see them tomorrow so will make them squirm with my flooding questions
That sounds in their own admission that the mooring and maybe the immediate surroundings may flood.
Do you want that worry.
Maybe seek more advice before committing, Must be forum members who know more about the area
The camp site at Tewksbury is prone to flooding.
How about Gloucester I have no personal knowledge of the area.

Last edited:

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
That sounds in their own admission that the mooring and maybe the immediate surroundings may flood.
Do you want that worry.
Maybe seek more advice before committing, Must be forum members who know more about the area
Well, that was my point really. The flooding there is commonplace, so the provider should have the details of what to expect and how to handle it properly.

Hurricane

Visit site
Tried them they are full sadly as would have been ideal
I sent my friend who owns Rudders Boatyard an email asking him if it was true that they are full.
Although my friend still lives on site, his son and daughter in law now run the business.
He replied this morning saying that, yes, it is the case but if you put your name on the waiting list - the situation changes very quickly.
He has copied my email to his son.
So, Rudders might be an option for you.

He and I will be in Spain at the same time in late September/October.
If I hear any more, I will let you know.

D and G

Visit site
Do you want that worry.
Thats got me worried now, the website says the following:

With all of our moorings at Tewkesbury Marina fully flood protected, your boat can be moored all year round. We take pride in the fact that despite recent extreme weather conditions and severe floods, all boats moored at the Marina were safe – peace of mind that your investment is in safe hands.

Would like to here from people actually moored there, brace yourselves for the People Moored at Tewkesbury Post:D

D and G

Visit site
I sent my friend who owns Rudders Boatyard an email asking him if it was true that they are full.
Although my friend still lives on site, his son and daughter in law now run the business.
He replied this morning saying that, yes, it is the case but if you put your name on the waiting list - the situation changes very quickly.
He has copied my email to his son.
So, Rudders might be an option for you.

He and I will be in Spain at the same time in late September/October.
If I hear any more, I will let you know.
That would be ideal if they did have a spot available but not sure if they are swing mooring only so that could ruin it, going to do my PB2 with them after I get this radio course under my belt, thanks for trying to help really appreciate it
Cheers
Geoff

stelican

Visit site

With all of our moorings at Tewkesbury Marina fully flood protected, your boat can be moored all year round. We take pride in the fact that despite recent extreme weather conditions and severe floods, all boats moored at the Marina were safe – peace of mind that your investment is in safe hands.

Would like to here from people actually moored there, brace yourselves for the People Moored at Tewkesbury Post:D
Sorry Didn't realise you meant a marina berth . Looking at their website they say they have never had a problem even in the worst floods of 2007.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site

Ok that sounds good. Worth a visit and a chat though.

D and G

Visit site
Sorry Didn't realise you meant a marina berth . Looking at their website they say they have never had a problem even in the worst floods of 2007.
Seen videos of the bad flooding and the marina did seem ok, it's only a stop gap until we can get into Neyland and I do my rya pb2 and VHF and fully test the new (to us) boat,seems to have an active social scene