Monday high tide

Csail

N/A
Visit site
I raed that trhee times befoer i notiecd you seplt highest wrong. I will be off to the beach Monday to put a buoy on the old anchor... not often it is dried out.

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
Belfield is giving the highest at about 14.5m IIRC (I'm not at work so I can't check it). We generally find that Belfield is the most accurate on springs - on the last Big One it predicted 14.9, and actually got to 15.0 at Portishead.

Very low pressure, big tide, possible storm surge - could be exciting /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluedragon

Visit site
I see the forecast winds have dropped slightly, but there's still likely to be a storm surge pushing up the Bristol Channel on Monday evening. Risk of Penarth sea front flooding at least. Will go and have a look (HW approx. 21:00). Hope the barrage holds it back!!

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
The CG have been warning people to stay away from the coast in Wales and the SW. Bit tricky to comply if you live and work within 20m of the sea /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bluedragon

Visit site
08:40 Monday morning at the barrage. Not as high as I expected...

IMG_0031-1.jpg

IMG_0029-1.jpg

LizzyD

Visit site
I've been on call all weekend. No urgent shouts apart from a call to a road accident at 01:00 this morning which was not weather related. Got sent to Police Gold Command Control at 06:00 this morning to wait for the solids to hit the fan. Had two mugs of tea (provided by the boys and girls in blue) and watched dust settle on the phones thankfully. No injuries and minimal property damage thankfully. All stood down by 09:00. Just glad everyone's OK.

Take care all,

Lizzy D