Mitchell 31

Keith-i

Visit site
Having replaced the windows on our CI 32 without taking the originals out to accurately measure I would strongly recommend you don’t rely on guestimates for thickness or dimensions.

AnneT

Visit site
Yes I realize that’s the best option. We’ve already taken them out once and I just thought someone else may have the measurement. Looks like that’s what we’ll have to do.

Firefly625

Visit site
Thank you. I think we’re going to take one of the windows out again and measure just to make sure.
Indeed I do have a Mitchell, but I would not really like to guess the thickness of the gel coat. I have never measured it. Also as such bespoke boats many being built by different yards I’m not sure many two would be identical. There was a chap called Roy asking similar on the Mitchell Facebook group, if this was you then my recommendation still stands... drill a hole and have a look. Good luck

(if you are not Roy, and not on the Facebook Mitchell group, I would recommend you join!)

AnneT

Visit site
Indeed I do have a Mitchell, but I would not really like to guess the thickness of the gel coat. I have never measured it. Also as such bespoke boats many being built by different yards I’m not sure many two would be identical. There was a chap called Roy asking similar on the Mitchell Facebook group, if this was you then my recommendation still stands... drill a hole and have a look. Good luck

(if you are not Roy, and not on the Facebook Mitchell group, I would recommend you join!)
We went down to the boat today and took one of the windows out. Measured 4mm. Ours is a Mark 1 version but as you say all builders will be different.

Bandit

Visit site
Iirc it’s not the thickness of the grp , if you have an external window frame and an internal section it’s the length of the dome head screws.
even with thicker sealant just get longer or shorter screws?