Mini-jester

Freshbreeze

Visit site
I have been in need of a good excuse to get my baby back in the water... looks like I have found it :)

Boat currently in Milford for repairs following grounding early last year :mad: I really need to get myself together and do something this year :) Hope I can make it.

puckertoe

Visit site
I might make it for a May trip from Preston to SW Ireland, if you all decide to go that way. May I meet you there, in a sort of sympathy start on the same day?
Happy New Year to all.
Jane

scruff

Visit site
How about starting under this

DSCF0017.jpg

and finishing under this one in Stavanger, about 350nms
Stavanger_-_bridge.jpg

My boat is currently on the Clyde but could be game for this idea if there is anyone else interested? Grew up sailing on the Forth so would be only fitting....

CPD

Visit site
I am having thoughts about a "RWYC RB&I Jester style" using the JC2014 start date/time as a start point for a Round Britain but without the rules. Same stop points, 2 handed but with the overall aim of completing within 30 days.

Windy Tonique

Visit site
I might make it for a May trip from Preston to SW Ireland, if you all decide to go that way. May I meet you there, in a sort of sympathy start on the same day?
Happy New Year to all.
Jane

How exciting for you Jane :) As a fellow female sailer from that area I would love to be kept up to date with your plans/progress. I'm guessing that you bought your boat from another forumite who had plans to sail her in the Jester Challenge. Having done my Day Skipper last year and my first Channel Crossing & sailing around Cap Finistere as crew this year I am not at the single handed Atlantic crossing stage yet - but reading about your preparations has given me food for thought. Good luck!

Visit site
So is it happening?

How exciting for you Jane :) As a fellow female sailer from that area I would love to be kept up to date with your plans/progress. I'm guessing that you bought your boat from another forumite who had plans to sail her in the Jester Challenge. Having done my Day Skipper last year and my first Channel Crossing & sailing around Cap Finistere as crew this year I am not at the single handed Atlantic crossing stage yet - but reading about your preparations has given me food for thought. Good luck!

Ok folks, given the necessity to do some work scheduling and boat prep, it would be nice to know whether if I turn up on " Vashi" at 1300 26/5 at the western end of Plymouth Breakwater - outside factors willing - anyone else will be there? ( if not, I may just say " bugger it " and go anyway! )
Probably won't have a lot of time available to linger in Ireland, but the Fastnet's definitely on the tick list.
Thanks
Phil

PacketRat

Visit site
Just received a message from Ewen via the Yahoo group forum. There is now an event named the "Jester Baltimore Challenge 2013" starting on Sunday 16 June at 1100BST from Plymouth. The JC site at www.jesterinfo.org has a "watch this space" placeholder at present.

Are we all going to jump ship on this one and cancel the Plymouth Dingle bash?

If so, I'd suggest we abandon this thread and someone start a new Jester Baltimore Challenge 2013 thread.

Visit site
Just received a message from Ewen via the Yahoo group forum. There is now an event named the "Jester Baltimore Challenge 2013" starting on Sunday 16 June at 1100BST from Plymouth. The JC site at www.jesterinfo.org has a "watch this space" placeholder at present.

Are we all going to jump ship on this one and cancel the Plymouth Dingle bash?

If so, I'd suggest we abandon this thread and someone start a new Jester Baltimore Challenge 2013 thread.

Sorry, no good to me - working then. I'll have to stick to the original plan or someone's cows aren't going to get milked!!

PacketRat

Visit site
Phil:

That sucks.

I'm on the Yahoo forum and had no idea this was coming up.

Anyway, I'm sticking with Plan A for 26th May, barring any other unforeseen circumstances, of course.

Robin.
Scouse Mouse.

hrchivers

Visit site
Hi,

I'm afraid that I have to abandon plan A on 26th for work reasons. Fair winds to those that are still sailing on that date.

Howard

PacketRat

Visit site
Plymouth start 26th May

Phil:
Nothing insurmountable has cropped up yet to stop me from getting to Plymouth for 26th and I was wondering how things are going for yourself.
Regards,
Robin.
Scouse Mouse.