Microplus 502 Boat hatch

Samantha

Visit site
Put a picture of what you want to cover plus the old hatch. Helps with suggestions.

I 2nd CliveF above - Search for Boatworks on U tube - think he is Canadian so some of the materials have different brand names. However you will get a lot of knowledge and confidence to tackle these jobs. I'd also recommend East Coast Fibreglass in the UK as a product supplier (no connection just a satisfied customer). You can speak to people there. Things like mixing cups I find are cheaper in the local supermarket where I buy the party paper cups.
Thank you very much for your advice 😊

Samantha

Visit site
They are still available on Ebay. Why doesn't the OP buy one?
I contacted custom boat screens by direct message which is the company selling the hatches on eBay for my boat and they advised they no longer are making the hatches only screens …
That’s what he told me! 😊

Samantha

Visit site
As said before. THEY ARE ON EBAY. Look on Ebay and buy one. £270 + £18 p&p. Current listing and readily available now.
Yes and as I’ve said before I’ve tried custom boat screens which is the company you are referring to .. he does make them but he is full of screen jobs at the moment and isn’t recomencing work on the hatches until April -
His message back to me was :
Unfortunately my shop is full of screen orders so I’m not currently glassing any GRP until early late April.

Dellquay13

Boat at Milford Haven, Home in Chesterfield
Visit site
Yes and as I’ve said before I’ve tried custom boat screens which is the company you are referring to .. he does make them but he is full of screen jobs at the moment and isn’t recomencing work on the hatches until April -
His message back to me was :
Unfortunately my shop is full of screen orders so I’m not currently glassing any GRP until early late April.
Personally, now I know they are available albeit not this month I would accept the delay and put the order in, and make do in the short term. I couldn’t make anything anywhere as good as the stock photo on EBay

Last edited:

O'ROURKE P.

Visit site
I 2nd CliveF above - Search for Boatworks on U tube - think he is Canadian so some of the materials have different brand names. However you will get a lot of knowledge and confidence to tackle these jobs. I'd also recommend East Coast Fibreglass in the UK as a product supplier (no connection just a satisfied customer). You can speak to people there. Things like mixing cups I find are cheaper in the local supermarket where I buy the party paper cups.
Hi Canopy Locked. I am a new member. I have a Mitchell 31 mk2. I have read a post from a while back from you. I have installed a Nanni 320hp with my existing ZF63A 1.56. Propeller 4 blade 20"x15. Could you advise what your set up was. Many thanks and regards, Phil.

Canopy Locked

Visit site
Hi Canopy Locked. I am a new member. I have a Mitchell 31 mk2. I have read a post from a while back from you. I have installed a Nanni 320hp with my existing ZF63A 1.56. Propeller 4 blade 20"x15. Could you advise what your set up was. Many thanks and regards, Phil.
Crikey - sold that old girl in 2012 - great boat had a nanni 320, can't remember what G/B and I remember that I had a new prop made by FAL propellers in Buckie, but for the life of me I can't remember the size -