Mercruiser leg problems

Guy

Visit site
I have an older style mercruiser outdrive probably circ 1978. The boat has not been used for a while and is stored on a trailer. For some reason the leg does not go up or down, I have chcked for obstructions etc and it appears to be clear, also the pump appears to be working ok, does any one have any ideas what it could be!!!!!

Oh yes the leg is stuck in the up position

ValleyForge

Visit site
Nice aint it ? I had that problem last winter. Experts will offer sensible advice but I would undo the hydraulic pipes from the pump. If the leg goes down (with a shove, messy) Its the pump & valves therein. (which can be rebuilt) If not, the rams have stuck in the cylinder(s). Take off, strip & rebuild - as was my case.

dom_moore

www.kiteboardercross.com
yep mine has been giving me problems. i had it 'fixed', and the boat sat for a while doing nowt while something else was 'fixed'.

when i came to take her out again at long last, the bloody leg wouldn't go down on it again. i told the missus to press the buttons and i took me trews off and put one foot on it and me hands on the bathing platform and pushed it under the water

now it works fine

Sneds

Visit site
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif