Memories

Ludd

Visit site
I have just added music and re-vamped my site about long distance sailing.

http://www.michaelbriant.com/sailing.htm

Is it still like this out there?

Still a lot of pleasure and fun to be had, although my experience e is somewhat limited! The wind is still always on the nose or the sun in your eyes!
I remember talking to you in Baiona(August 2010,I think). There was a Japanese couple there with an immaculate Hinckley 47 who were on their way to sail Northern Europe--- they did the Southern bit 25 years before when the boat was new.
They benefitted from all my up to date North Sea and West Coast Scotland charts and pilots.
That I think is what sailing is about!

Wansworth

Visit site
I leant my charts of Spain and Portugalto an American and he posted them back to me when he reached Lisbon....back in 1972!.living at one time in a coastal village in the rias we used to invite sailors back home to have a shower and was their clothes but now there are marinaseverywhere and gist not so easy meeting voyagers.

capnsensible

Visit site
Surely you're confused! Wasn't that the Western Isles in summer??i

My memories of messing about on the Clyde are that though it rains....a lot.... its still lightweight compared to a pacific downpour.

Imagine my surprise when discovering this in temperatures of over 30c!

capnsensible

Visit site
Yeah, the secret of the South Pacific - the weather can be quite shite! Lots of grumpy honeymooners ashore. Likewise Mauritius, another place with fab exotic reputation but the sea is cold...

We stopped on the equator near Galapagos for the obligatory swim. Gonad shrivelling.