Mediterranean marina prices

destiny

Visit site
Does anyone happen to know where there is a current price comparison for Med marina pricing?
We're looking to cruise over the summer for several months and are not keen on paying daily (mostly exhorbitant) marina rates. Years ago, chartering Yugoslavia, it was possible to simply moor on a harbour quay and pay very little, if anything - it seems that times have moved on...

slavkod

Visit site
This is our experience:

1. Most expensive marinas are in Croatia. They will charge boayas, sometimes even anchoring.
2. Italy (Adriatic sea) good and fair prices
3. Turkey fair prices
4. Greece, mostly very low as there are few marinas.

Based on sailing in 2004.

Slavko

davidbains

Visit site
I cruised Croatia last summer in a multihull so kept away from marinas.
However by anchoring mostly and occasionally paying for harbour buoys
we had a cheap trouble free time.

Metabarca

Visit site
You will have to paya smallish charge for use of buoys or harbours, and sometimes even if at anchor in popular locations, which gives you the right to have your rubbish collected! Marinas are fairly expensive. On the other hand, there are masses of small bays and villages where you'll pay nothing. For marina prices in the Adriatic, check out the links on my website below.

branko

Visit site
Prices in Croatia in Marinas for boat aprox.12 m are as follows:
Marinas ACY chain 42 EUR
Marina Rogoznica 60 EUR ( most expencive - better is going to Marina Kremik in Primosten)
Buoys in anchorages - half price of Marinas
Harbour prices for berthing along mole 30% of marinas prices ( but those places are always very crowded)
DO NOT PAY if someone would like to charge when you are on Anchor and do not give him any boat document. Charging boats on anchor is against International Law (SOLAS).
For a comparing with Italy and Greece:
Vieste 40 EUR
Brindisi 35 EUR
Bari 30 EUR
Gouvia 35 EUR
Levkas 35 EUR
Patras 37 EUR for 3 days
Alimos Pireaus 45 EUR

ubuysa

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Charging boats on anchor is against International Law (SOLAS)

[/ QUOTE ]
Just out of interest, can you point me to the text in the SOLAS convention that specifically forbids this?

Tony C.

eric2103

Visit site
Re: Warning : huge prices increase in Croatian marinas/harbours

I have been informed by Marna Frapa that berth fee (yearly) will increase by 19 % ! That's the third year of year/year increase above 10 % .
Seen also in July '05 a + 100% increase in some small villages piers fee : Maslinica on Solta : +100% (25 euro asked for mooring to the pier, no WC, no shower, a bare pier..) Marina Frapa = 60 euro : in La Rochelle (heart of sail in France) you have 3 days for this price !!!
Be cautious, earn money with your anchor !