Med site to refurb boat

FerrymanR

Visit site
I have been offered a yacht at a very low price. It is in Sh*t state internally and looks as if it has had rather a lot of water in the bilge. Floors are all gone. Electronics seem OK so water was not that deep. All varnish looks shot both above and below decks, upholstery is gone and she is full of empty booze bottles which tells a story! Being a Moody I have some faith in the hull as long as the bulkheads are sound.
If a survey shows her to be structurally sound then where could I move her so that I could work on her cheaply - my/our living costs, materials for the repairs and berthing. Needs to be an area where I can drive with a small caravan in tow for temporary accommodation and to be able to get tools etc. on site. I reckon there is a full winters work before she could be liveaboard. She is currently on the island of Crete. I had considered Turkey but that is a longer drive over. I think mainland Greece or Italy are rather pricey.
Richard

<hr width=100% size=1>

ccscott49

Visit site
Spain would be a good bet, but a little too far to bring her perhaps? How about Cyprus?

<hr width=100% size=1>

Metabarca

Visit site
Have a look at my site for costs of Croatian marinas. These generally offer good service, but spare parts might be a problem. My present marina at Monfalcone near Trieste might be a viable option: excellent, skilled help if you need it at reasonable rates, bags of space, friendly staff, a small community likewise involved in restoring/repairing boats. Trieste offers everything you could possibly need in terms of parts.
There's two ferries from various Greek ports to Trieste and Monfalcone and a cheap (Ryanair) flight daily to London from local airport (15 mins away). A berth here costs euro 1588 annually, on the hard something less. If you want a look around or more info, PM me.
Happy hunting!

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.comoy.com/saillinks.html>http://www.comoy.com/saillinks.html</A>

eastmed

Visit site
i wintered in 2001 in greece in preveza wich is located in the mainland north of Lefkas island.there is 3 big shipyards dealing with winterizing yachts and crews.
nearby is the aktio airport with charter flights to uk.i wintered in" Preveza marine" shipyard and i was very happy with the all deal.
in lefkas town also there is a few shipyards and many chandlers ,lefkas is 20 mn from preveza by car.
i recommend to you to visit the area .
other option nearer to crete is in kalamata but i have no information .
the email of preveza marine :prevmar@otenet.gr
all the best !!

<hr width=100% size=1>

anderson

Visit site
why dont you try agi nick on crete we winterd there 1 year and its o.k good boat shop up the hill past the pool, only wet for about 6 weeks from middle of dec,plenty of space on the hard.

<hr width=100% size=1>

garfoot

Visit site
like the other subscriber I would give Levkas in the Ionian a try. their is a great yard down at Nidri cheap and reliable. The airport at Preveza is very near but unfortuneately the charter flights to UK ( of which their are now ten a week) finish at the end of Oct and start againt he following may. This is also a great sailing area
good luck garfoot.

<hr width=100% size=1>

penfold

Visit site
During the winter months you can fly with Olympic from Heathrow and transfer to the domestic parrafin budgie to preveza; it runs 2-3 times a week. I paid £135 oneway in November 2000.

<hr width=100% size=1>