Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
It does beg the question as to what is the point of a vaccination passport if it doesnt absolve you from testing to get into a country and, of course, doesnt absolve you from getting back into the UK without test or quarantine
Mike I’ve just realised what I wrote wasn’t what I meant. It should have said that if my friend had a covid passport the test to get into Cyprus would not have been required.

He’s not concerned about returning to the UK. His wife is Russian, and for visa reasons they both left Spain last December, she to Russia and he to the UK . And then a week or so later it became illegal for him to travel. Understandably he has no intention of returning here any time soon. Maybe next year.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Mike I’ve just realised what I wrote wasn’t what I meant. It should have said that if my friend had a covid passport the test to get into Cyprus would not have been required.

He’s not concerned about returning to the UK. His wife is Russian, and for visa reasons they both left Spain last December, she to Russia and he to the UK . And then a week or so later it became illegal for him to travel. Understandably he has no intention of returning here any time soon. Maybe next year.

Understood!

longjohnsilver

Visit site
You know the vaccine doesn’t completely stop you from being a carrier. It’s important that everyone plays the game or another lockdown could follow
No, that can’t be right. We’ve ben assured by our PM that the roadmap is irreversible. So,I can plan to use my boat whenever I want.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

No, that can’t be right. We’ve ben assured by our PM that the roadmap is irreversible. So,I can plan to use my boat whenever I want.

Youre not suggesting Bozo is a liar are you? I hope not because we all know he is as pure as the driven snow

Portofino

Visit site
Yes I'm well aware of that but it is now proven that vaccines do substantially reduce transmissibility so the risk of a vaccinated person transmitting the virus to another person is significantly less. Many countries have recognised that but it seems that the UK hasnt. I suspect the real reason is political in that penalising moderately wealthy people who can afford to go abroad plays well with Tory red wall focus groups
No politicking .Plane science .
I tried in post #775 to explain,
How ever go to 42 .00 on this for a more eloquent version . Listen to JVT s answer .

John100156

Visit site
Somewhat disingenuous comparison because the y axis in each graph has a different scale which seems to have been designed to magnify fatalities in France and Spain and minimise fatalities in the UK. Do the graphs come from the Daily Express?:)

I disagree, only the UK Y-Axis scale changed to show the 'very high' peaks we had in the UK in Feb, which explains the difference in range scales, the current deaths in the UK are very low indeed. \you can easily see the trends in the other graph - using a standard scale for all, UK deaths are now regularly in single figures. FR and ES are places that we wish to travel to. Disingenuous implies slightly dishonest, which might have been true had they not very clearly labelled all Y-Axis scales, seemed perfectly reasonable to me :geek:

Asm

Visit site
Yes that's what we did last year - when we flew, but when went via ferry in Dec., it was just a form completed on-board which was handed to the crew whilst in the car before we disembarked and the crew took our temps. Not checked yet with Brittany what to do for our next trip, expect it might be the same procedure? We will find out I know, as others from our marina are going before we arrive in Bilbao on 11th June..... anyone doing the ferry soon? Would be useful to know!
Yes, it’s the same procedure, if you wish, you can download the form from the BF site.
https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/sites/default/files/2020-11/FCS inglés_barco_V3.pdf
For transit from the mainland to the islands the same form is offered by trasmediterranea, there’s also online system, (digital health control form) which may negate the use of the form, it includes all the information on the paper form, together with questions on health, reason for visit, reason you do not need a covid test. While it’s online, you can download a copy to see what they want. I think if it’s not done online, you have to complete it on arrival.
Formulario de control sanitario (FCS) digital para el control documental en puertos y aeropuertos de las Islas Baleares
Note ‘means of transport’ question
One option is - recreational boat
I’m not sure how they will implement that!
Let’s hope it all goes away on the 7th June

Some say the latest entry to the islands rules only apply to Spanish nationals, but it's titled ‘If you are travelling from Spanish territory’
The rules :-
Viajar a les Illes Balears de forma segura para tod@s en tiempo de COVID-19

while I copied the links from the English language version, for some reason they are in Spanish, perhaps my phone automatically translated them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted User YDKXO

I disagree, only the UK Y-Axis scale changed to show the 'very high' peaks we had in the UK in Feb, which explains the difference in range scales, the current deaths in the UK are very low indeed. \you can easily see the trends in the other graph - using a standard scale for all, UK deaths are now regularly in single figures. FR and ES are places that we wish to travel to. Disingenuous implies slightly dishonest, which might have been true had they not very clearly labelled all Y-Axis scales, seemed perfectly reasonable to me :geek:

Sorry it was a tongue in cheek comment but the point remains that if you were to plot all the data on the same scale, current deaths in France and Spain wouldnt look quite so alarming! Based on the data you could also make the case that France and Spain have been far more successful in suppressing the virus in the early part of the year than the UK and perhaps are suffering a more extended period of deaths as a result

Bouba

Visit site
Rather than police grammar, why not recognize that Porto is in the medical business and maybe able to interpret medical data better than some lay people.

Bouba

Visit site
Anyhow, this morning we were at the town hall sorting out our permanent residency, and soon we are off to the beach for lunch. For those who are not ?I am sure you are happy for me?. Pictures to follow....

Hurricane

Visit site
One option is - recreational boat
Thanks for posting the links.

On the subject of travel from Spain to the Balearics
I'm not planning a crossing soon but I do know of people who are likely to pop across.
So, maybe you could keep us up to date with your experiences - maybe put something on SCMCHAT.
As you say, I'm not sure how they would implement it.
Possibly when registering at an island marina but most of the yachties from SCM don't go anywhere near marinas.

Interesting issue though.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Rather than police grammar, why not recognize that Porto is in the medical business and maybe able to interpret medical data better than some lay people.

Maybe Porto would be kind enough to tell us himself what medical business he is currently in and which allows his opinion to carry more weight than anyone else on here?

I have to say that most of the time I agree with his opinions on Covid so I'm not sure why you're having a go at me

Bouba

Visit site
Maybe Porto would be kind enough to tell us himself what medical business he is currently in and which allows his opinion to carry more weight than anyone else on here?

I have to say that most of the time I agree with his opinions on Covid so I'm not sure why you're having a go at me
That is unfair. He’s a farmer now