Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

Portofino

Visit site
I understood he is a pea farmer. That’s what he’s told us in the past.
One of the crops one of the investments ( U.K. agri ) produces from the proceeds of disposing of a my share of a U.K. healthcare diagnostic and treatment chain was involved in .
To give you the scale we operated on 560 sites and employed 5500 peeps when we sold it on .
Qualified at Guys mid 80s started out a house man in immunology, mostly research some clinical .
Moved into surgery to implants to transplants to repairing clefts and other Max fact stuff .
Always wanted to work with my hands;).
Relocated to Switzerland a few years ago . Packed in clinical practice circa 2015 iirc .

John100156

Visit site
....Let’s hope it all goes away on the 7th June...

Thanks Alan, hope it all goes well for your crossing and your entry into Spain, you are after all the advance party!

We depart Portsmouth late on the 9th, to arrive Bilbao early on 11th, so just enough time for you to report back that the invasion is on; we will fight them on the beaches, if not...! :giggle:

Hooligan

Visit site
So just back from Italy. My observations as follows: easy to get into Italy, just better to take paper copies of your tests rather than digital! The ambience is great. People look like they are being normal, you are welcome everywhere, no one crowds you out, restaurants open - even inside which i thought not allowed but i believe definition of inside in Italy has some latitude ie if windows and doors open. Weekend was crowded on the streets with mainly Italians, all enjoying life (unlike what I tend to see here). In the marina things felt normal in every respect. Weather great. Getting back to UK - total chaos. We took our return tests with us, did the test - total farce, all negative, certificate arrived digitally. The test service recommended by BA. At check in counter the BA staff had no clue it was bone fide until we showed them on the BA website. Landed T5. No major queues and electronic gates open, no one checking any paperwork unless you got dinged by the e gate, which I did - wife sailed through. The Immigration bloke looks at my negative test and hasn’t got a clue. Could clearly see he was making a decision - let me through, easy life or start digging around, ruins his day (and mine). I guess i look honest so all fine! Back in UK, just been called. Based on past experience i will get called at exactly same time every day. In my view the UK is weaponising this whole thing as others have said. Having had the vax, both doses, and accepting no vax is perfect, we should be playing the odds ie the risk of catching this or passing it along are extremely remote. Time to move on. There is risk to driving a car or crossing a road, but we still do it. Overall the policy discriminates against less well off people who have to go to the office to work. Note btw that Easyjet seem to be cancelling flights to amber destinations. Just had three cancelled including a cancelled one that was rescheduled cancelled. Maybe they are diverting flights to Spain and Portugal!

Bouba

Visit site
So just back from Italy. My observations as follows: easy to get into Italy, just better to take paper copies of your tests rather than digital! The ambience is great. People look like they are being normal, you are welcome everywhere, no one crowds you out, restaurants open - even inside which i thought not allowed but i believe definition of inside in Italy has some latitude ie if windows and doors open. Weekend was crowded on the streets with mainly Italians, all enjoying life (unlike what I tend to see here). In the marina things felt normal in every respect. Weather great. Getting back to UK - total chaos. We took our return tests with us, did the test - total farce, all negative, certificate arrived digitally. The test service recommended by BA. At check in counter the BA staff had no clue it was bone fide until we showed them on the BA website. Landed T5. No major queues and electronic gates open, no one checking any paperwork unless you got dinged by the e gate, which I did - wife sailed through. The Immigration bloke looks at my negative test and hasn’t got a clue. Could clearly see he was making a decision - let me through, easy life or start digging around, ruins his day (and mine). I guess i look honest so all fine! Back in UK, just been called. Based on past experience i will get called at exactly same time every day. In my view the UK is weaponising this whole thing as others have said. Having had the vax, both doses, and accepting no vax is perfect, we should be playing the odds ie the risk of catching this or passing it along are extremely remote. Time to move on. There is risk to driving a car or crossing a road, but we still do it. Overall the policy discriminates against less well off people who have to go to the office to work. Note btw that Easyjet seem to be cancelling flights to amber destinations. Just had three cancelled including a cancelled one that was rescheduled cancelled. Maybe they are diverting flights to Spain and Portugal!
Is there any chance that Easyjet cancellations are due to the restricted airspace over Belarus?

julians

Visit site
I havent had my flights between manchester and palma cancelled yet! They've been moved around a little, and had changes of aeroplane type, but no cancellations yet ....

Forty_Two

Visit site
France now going for 10 day quarantine from UK plus PCR test 36 hours before arrival. Can be 72 hours if an Antigen test taken within 24 hours.

Not clear whether tourist entry will be allowed & start date of the new measures.

julians

Visit site
Thanks. Thats me f**ked then. We had booked to go out to our boat on 20 June for a week

Do you know whether there are any exemptions from the quarantine? Is there no differentiation between vaccinated and unvaccinated travellers?
COVID-19: France to insist travellers from UK quarantine due to rising cases of Indian variant | World News | Sky News

looks to be regardless of vaccination status - but it also looks like its a moving bit of news right now, so could change?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

not surprised by France at all - surely political once again. The "indian variant" will already be in France.

No more political than the UK govt imposing quarantine on pretty much all incoming travellers whether they are vaccinated or not but yes this does feel like a childish game of political tit for tat