Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
So we will both be keeping a close look at the Pont Aven's AIS over the next few days.
I hope they get a chance to test her engines thoroughly - remember (I was going to say last year) a couple of years ago when she broke down and had a fire in Biscay!!!
But she still is my favourite BF ferry.
Mike, please let us know how you get on , we’ll be doing the same trip a few weeks after you.

Asm

Visit site
So we will both be keeping a close look at the Pont Aven's AIS over the next few days.
I hope they get a chance to test her engines thoroughly - remember (I was going to say last year) a couple of years ago when she broke down and had a fire in Biscay!!!
But she still is my favourite BF ferry.
Thanks for reminding me, I know someone who’ll be delighted to be reacquainted with the details.
I just hope there’s not a ‘sandwich’ content inspection on arrival in Santander, obviously I’ll point out I bought it in ‘France’! If it’s not a prompt disembarkation, I’ll miss the ferry in Barcelona.

julians

Visit site
This is a guess, bank statements or utility for the property, the boat, again a guess, marina contract.
hmmm, utility bills might be problematic when the property is owned by another member of the family, and therefore the utility bills are not in the travellers name.

Hopefully just a technicality and will never be asked for.........

Peterlewis321

Visit site
I’m so jealous
When you have time can you explain the QR code and the Spanish health form that you filled in prior to your visit.
Hi David, the QR code comes as a result of completing the Spain Travel Health form online or via the App available for the App store (need to complete within 48 hours of travel). Go here to find it:
Spain Travel Health
Alternatively we were also offered a form on the plane that once completed will serve the same purpose. But, I would recommend the App as it is straightforward and allows the spanish officials to quickly scan it on arrival (for me it was between passport control and baggage reclaim).
Hope that helps

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Hi David, the QR code comes as a result of completing the Spain Travel Health form online or via the App available for the App store (need to complete within 48 hours of travel). Go here to find it:
Spain Travel Health
Alternatively we were also offered a form on the plane that once completed will serve the same purpose. But, I would recommend the App as it is straightforward and allows the spanish officials to quickly scan it on arrival (for me it was between passport control and baggage reclaim).
Hope that helps
Thank you and enjoy your holiday

Hurricane

Visit site
Spain Travel Health
Hope that helps
Yep - they had that all sorted last year.
IIRC, my flight to Barcelona last September - I completed the online form and it printed a QR code.
Then at Barcelona you could skip the queue if you had the barcode.
The longer queue was people filling in forms after they had landed.
It was good to see that the Spanish authorities had "got their act together" - even last year.

John100156

Visit site
Yep - they had that all sorted last year.
IIRC, my flight to Barcelona last September - I completed the online form and it printed a QR code.
Then at Barcelona you could skip the queue if you had the barcode.
The longer queue was people filling in forms after they had landed.
It was good to see that the Spanish authorities had "got their act together" - even last year.

Yes that's what we did last year - when we flew, but when went via ferry in Dec., it was just a form completed on-board which was handed to the crew whilst in the car before we disembarked and the crew took our temps. Not checked yet with Brittany what to do for our next trip, expect it might be the same procedure? We will find out I know, as others from our marina are going before we arrive in Bilbao on 11th June..... anyone doing the ferry soon? Would be useful to know!

Hooligan

Visit site
I have a friend who flew out to Cyprus a few days ago. He didn’t require a test to leave the U.K. but even though he’s had both vaccinations he needed a PCR test to get into Cyprus. If he’d had a vaccination passport, then that test would have been required. Unfortunately the proof on the NHS app wasn’t acceptable.
UK doesn’t require a test to leave but does to return. you can buy your return test before you leave - we used Medicspot - and then you do the test before you come back. Simply the most ludicrous waste of money and total bs. You do the test, take a photo of it alongside your passport and send the photo. They match the code, confirm that it shows negative and send you fit to fly. So most here will be honest but i guarantee that anyone desperate to get in can easily get someone else to take the test. Bottom line this return test will prevent no one with Covid from getting on the plane. It is just a nice little profit earner for the lads.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I have a friend who flew out to Cyprus a few days ago. He didn’t require a test to leave the U.K. but even though he’s had both vaccinations he needed a PCR test to get into Cyprus. If he’d had a vaccination passport, then that test would have been required. Unfortunately the proof on the NHS app wasn’t acceptable.

It does beg the question as to what is the point of a vaccination passport if it doesnt absolve you from testing to get into a country and, of course, doesnt absolve you from getting back into the UK without test or quarantine

Bouba

Visit site
It does beg the question as to what is the point of a vaccination passport if it doesnt absolve you from testing to get into a country and, of course, doesnt absolve you from getting back into the UK without test or quarantine
You know the vaccine doesn’t completely stop you from being a carrier. It’s important that everyone plays the game or another lockdown could follow

D

Deleted User YDKXO

You know the vaccine doesn’t completely stop you from being a carrier. It’s important that everyone plays the game or another lockdown could follow

Yes I'm well aware of that but it is now proven that vaccines do substantially reduce transmissibility so the risk of a vaccinated person transmitting the virus to another person is significantly less. Many countries have recognised that but it seems that the UK hasnt. I suspect the real reason is political in that penalising moderately wealthy people who can afford to go abroad plays well with Tory red wall focus groups