Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

Bouba

Visit site
It’s not the greatest of summer evenings but it is the first time I’ve been out after eight pm for ages and the first time I have had a beer since covid started

Portofino

Visit site
Pop round to Port Cros .
You have a geny .Normally stern to at the wooden jetty ,but if it’s quiet you can tie up side on .
Or take a buoy and tender / paddle board in .
We have been there many times with our dog .20D363E3-FA52-4502-A934-2114D6DFF981.jpeg
Jety behind the Azi , no shore power or water .Buoys just off empty .

A1EE744F-5587-4414-ACC4-51D0CF9D2A46.jpeg
Gotta Caribbean feel to it .
For those that don’t know the island is 5 miles E of Porquerolles .
You can see it on some of Boubas beach shots LHS .

Bouba

Visit site
Or you can visit the third of the Porquerolles, the Île du Levant. They have a naturist village

Chris H

Visit site
Pop round to Port Cros .
You have a geny .Normally stern to at the wooden jetty ,but if it’s quiet you can tie up side on .
Or take a buoy and tender / paddle board in .
We have been there many times with our dog .View attachment 115971
Jety behind the Azi , no shore power or water .Buoys just off empty .

View attachment 115972
Gotta Caribbean feel to it .
For those that don’t know the island is 5 miles E of Porquerolles .
You can see it on some of Boubas beach shots LHS .
Hired a boat and had a very enjoyable lunch there a few years ago, what is the protocol for tying to a buoy ?

Portofino

Visit site
C7A27C9B-DCA0-4F77-9903-058F450F9266.jpeg
Levant on the L as well as naturist it’s military as well Fr Navy Radar training .Up against those cliffs is old frigate permanently moored or grounded ? It’s out of shot.

Middle island is Port Cros .There is a beautiful but deep protected bay called Port Man on the eastern ( opposite to the village side ) .Worth a stay over .No light pollution from the shore so it’s gets very dark .Great shelter from the prevailing westerly systems inc Mistrals . On the mainland there is cap Bennet near Bormes equally safe shelter .
Port Cros is through the gap where the boats pointing .
Thats another island RHS it’s a nature reserve and you can anchor , but prohibited to go ashore .
Porquerolles is not visible in the haze if it was it would be on the far RHS of the horizon.
After 15 yrs I don’t need a plotter cruising theses grounds .Thats partly why we 8uggerd off to Italy the other way .

Hooligan

Visit site
so Spain let’s us in from Monday. I fly on Monday to Mallorca. Happy days
I would go ASAP. The Germans definitely trying to bugger it all up. So now it’s going to be a battle between countries who need us and those that don’t care. Germany has 8k cases 7 say rolling, U.K. less than 2000. I also suspect that totally crap weather is making people less worried re Amber versus Green. We went to Italy on day they dropped quarantine requirement. Life here is reasonably normal Italian style. Busy, everyone eating and congregating and people really really grateful that we made the effort to visit. The taxi driver even mentioned “that idiot Boris” for making it so hard. Italy has 7 day Ave 5k cases a day. Frankly on a par with U.K. with faster trend down. It should be green. Anyway just feels great to be on the boat other than the usual early season woes. Such as the bilge pump going off and me heading into a flood in the engine room as a pipe had burst and the water pump activated Talk about finger in the Dyke!!!

Asm

Visit site
I’m driving out to Mallorca (ferry to Santander) it’s not clear (to me anyway) what the requirements are for the ferry to Mallorca. As I’ll then be coming from Spain (not directly from the UK) various covid rules are in place, these seem to indicate that tests will be required, I hope some clarification is given soon re UK residents.