Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
I have a friend who flew out to Cyprus a few days ago. He didn’t require a test to leave the U.K. but even though he’s had both vaccinations he needed a PCR test to get into Cyprus. If he’d had a vaccination passport, then that test would have been required. Unfortunately the proof on the NHS app wasn’t acceptable.

Alicatt

Visit site
The EU is going for a passport app which will be valid in all EU countries
EU finalizes vaccine passport details as Summer season looms over — MercoPress
The new document, valid for 12 months, would allow free movement of tourists among the 27 European Union member countries this summer.

All European Union member states will accept the vaccine passport, although it will not be a prerequisite for free movement, according to a statement from the European Parliament.

Under the terms of the agreement, EU countries should not impose additional travel measures such as quarantines “unless they are necessary and proportionate to safeguard public health,” lawmakers said.
Looks like it will be rolled out for 1st July - the start of the school holidays in the EU

dune16

www.noforeignland.com
Do we yet KNOW if the UK requires a test before travelling?
Seems a bit obtuse but there are very confusing times.

The gov.uk site was updated and suggests no need for a test to depart the UK for Spain. I do feel this could be a silly move by Spain, they should have had the pcr test required but ok to enter for non essential reasons... time will tell

John100156

Visit site
I was replying to Hurricane’s enquiry as to the requirement for a covid test to leave the UK!
Yes, the text I added was taken from Spanish Entry Requirements, confirming no PCR test result was now required to enter Spain, which I assumed was the same 72Hr PCR test that you/H was referring to, needing to be taken UK side, prior to arriving at the ES border. Timing of course the concern if taking the ferry.

jrudge

Visit site
I’m driving out to Mallorca (ferry to Santander) it’s not clear (to me anyway) what the requirements are for the ferry to Mallorca. As I’ll then be coming from Spain (not directly from the UK) various covid rules are in place, these seem to indicate that tests will be required, I hope some clarification is given soon re UK residents.
There are rules for infra Spain travel if incidence above 60 per 100000

a friend arrived by ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca 2 days ago. They required tests.

John100156

Visit site
Such a lot of misinformation and mischief at the moment in the press, lets just see what transpires, fortunately ES IMO should not be adversely impacted by vaccinated UK visitors, hopefully they will keep the door open and reap the benefits - no cases in SCM at the moment!

Asm

Visit site
There are rules for infra Spain travel if incidence above 60 per 100000

a friend arrived by ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca 2 days ago. They required tests.
Thanks for that! I thought that may be the situation. The current rules run till the 6th June, I arrive on the 7th, here’s hoping!

Hurricane

Visit site
Thanks for that! I thought that may be the situation. The current rules run till the 6th June, I arrive on the 7th, here’s hoping!
I assume you will be sailing from Portsmouth.
A friend known to both of us had his sailing from Plymouth (Pont Aven) cancelled for the 2nd June.
He has rebooked and going with us (hopefully) on the 9th June from Plymouth.
At the moment, though, the Pont Aven is still in Le Havre where she has been for the last 4 or 5 months!!!

If you are sailing from Plymouth you will be welcome to stop with us in Devon.
Otherwise good luck and (hopefully) have a safe trip.

Asm

Visit site
I assume you will be sailing from Portsmouth.
A friend known to both of us had his sailing from Plymouth (Pont Aven) cancelled for the 2nd June.
He has rebooked and going with us (hopefully) on the 9th June from Plymouth.
At the moment, though, the Pont Aven is still in Le Havre where she has been for the last 4 or 5 months!!!

If you are sailing from Plymouth you will be welcome to stop with us in Devon.
Otherwise good luck and (hopefully) have a safe trip.
[/QUOTE
Thanks for your kind offer, as we’ll be stopping at a few service areas on the way down, I wouldn’t like to give you an unexpected ‘gift’!
After the cancellation of the sailing on the 29th, I changed to the 9th (Portsmouth), subsequently changed to the 6th (Pont Aven, Plymouth), the (cunning) plan is to leave home around 5am!

Last edited:

Peterlewis321

Visit site
I am at Heathrow on the way out to Barcelona-for those that were perhaps slightly concerned about something scuppering things there is no need-no questions asked as to why I am travelling, no test required (to leave the Uk or for entry to Spain), just have to show your QR code for the Spanish health form so make sure you have done that before arriving at the airport!!!
Am ridiculously excited about finally getting down to the boat again after so many months, and being able to ‘fettle’ for a few days ?

Hurricane

Visit site
Thanks for your kind offer, as we’ll be stopping at a few service areas on the way down, I wouldn’t like to give you an unexpected ‘gift’!
After the cancellation of the sailing on the 29th, I changed to the 9th (Portsmouth), subsequently changed to the 6th (Pont Aven, Plymouth), the (cunning) plan is to leave home around 5am!
So we will both be keeping a close look at the Pont Aven's AIS over the next few days.
I hope they get a chance to test her engines thoroughly - remember (I was going to say last year) a couple of years ago when she broke down and had a fire in Biscay!!!
But she still is my favourite BF ferry.