Med boaters - will you get to your boat this year?

kashurst

Visit site
Remind me where the battery ingredients come from somebody.
View attachment 124100
Glad it’s not my kids .
cobalt etc for batteries is mined differently. The two unfortunates in your picture will be mining for cobalt to take sulphur out of petrol and diesel - by far the largest consumer of cobalt and it just gets wasted. Nobody cared when this happened for petrochemicals, why are you bothered now.

prinex

Visit site
The two unfortunates in your picture
And the really sad thing is those are the fortunate ones, many more are even worse off (starving).

It is everywhere btw not only the cobalt but even the t-shirt we have on have been stitched together by kids somewhere in Pakistan. I don't think there is an industry which is not guilty of this in a way or another.

One of the issues in the category "you can't win". If we stick to our standard (no child labor, safety etc) then it makes no sense to produce in the 3d world. So they will be out of work and even poorer. If we ignore the issue then they will never really progress their society (as child labor is way cheaper then education and investments etc) and stay poor.

I mean 40 years ago we had the same issues. You will think it got better but people have been born and are 40 y/o now and still child labor and so on.

It does not help that a lot of those countries have a "tribal" way of life which basically screw everyone else.

Portofino

Visit site
cobalt etc for batteries is mined differently. The two unfortunates in your picture will be mining for cobalt to take sulphur out of petrol and diesel - by far the largest consumer of cobalt and it just gets wasted. Nobody cared when this happened for petrochemicals, why are you bothered now.
Not bothered at all as Prinex explained.
Just adding to the pic of the Tesla towing the geny , it’s the black belching out smoke that’s the msg .The electricity to re charge them .Just adding the unseen damage swept under the carpet if the earths destruction sourcing the battery raw materials.

@ PeteM what’s the fuel consumption of my personal cars ( you missed “ old “ Ferrari off ….emphasise the old = skyrocketing values ;)) gotta do with the environmental issues when as you know I run a fuel guzzling boat that holds 2200 L and can blow through that in 9 hrs ? Mucky diesel .
Mo bo forum and environmental issues , fibre glass …..lets conveniently sweep the eco bit under the carpet .

Now then let me put another log on the fire ? Oh dear that’s all wrong the particles I am told …….

Its a numbers game .
If every person in China had a 1/4 pounder burger simultaneously they would extinct cows .If you do the maths , the av Kg of a cow the number of Chinese etc .

If every person with a ICE car went to get an EV …..just think of the damage done to the earth the raw materials and the creation of electricity to re charge them .

Some poor sod had to voluntarily take one for the team and I have stepped forwards continuing to run those cars to kinda help Bouba + et al .
We all can’t get a EV at the mo .Be my guest take my place in the queue :D .After you my dear chap !

There is not enough energy for the EU to heat it self never mind re charge fanciful toys at night .

Plenty of oil btw waiting .

TonyR123

Visit site
talking of electric, I am still hoping Williams bring out an "electricJet", under 4m would be good!

Back to the original question - yes 3 times but not for as long as I would have liked

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
I know ;) I was just adding the other 1/2 of the debate , you did the recharge I did the raw materials.
Yeah but nearly two thirds of the UK's energy is now from renewables. Not to mention the many 'Green' tariffs that are available. And that most people charge their cars overnight when demand for electricity is low.

So I'm afraid you're well out of date with your views.