McNulty Longstone 12

JGPM Jim

Visit site
Hi, I have a McNulty Longstone 12 clinker built dinghy dating from the early 1980s I think. She is all varnished and looking lovely. I have owned her for about 10 years and love her dearly. I understand the builders McNulty have gone bust, but I would love to know if there is an owners class or a boat register. How many were built and what would such a craft be worth (for insurance purposes)? Cheers. Jim

miket

Visit site
McNulty Northumbrian

Last year I sold my McNulty motor launch.
Built around 1990 with Yanmar single cylinder 10hp diesel. I think it was 16 feet. She spent all her life in Holland. It was in super condition inside and just needed stripping and varnishing outside, which I did over the winter. 8 coats of Epifane. Looked a treat.
Used her for 2 years on the Thames around Henley but sold her through lack of use.
Sold 2010 £10.5k.
Hope that helps.

ccscott49

Visit site
Hi, I have a McNulty Longstone 12 clinker built dinghy dating from the early 1980s I think. She is all varnished and looking lovely. I have owned her for about 10 years and love her dearly. I understand the builders McNulty have gone bust, but I would love to know if there is an owners class or a boat register. How many were built and what would such a craft be worth (for insurance purposes)? Cheers. Jim

I have a McNulty dinghy 8', as far as I know there is no owners class. I wanted to buy a 12 longstone a couple of years ago, if they come up for sale, they are about 2-3k. Depaends what she is made of. Yes, by the way, McNulty's are long gone, unfortunately.

JGPM Jim

Visit site
My word, she is a lovely boat. Beautiful varnishwork.
My Dad God Rest him, used to have a lovely 18ft motor Launch along similar lines. It had a Stuart Turner engine on board which was a pain in the #*s€!
Cheers

JGPM Jim

Visit site
I have a McNulty dinghy 8', as far as I know there is no owners class. I wanted to buy a 12 longstone a couple of years ago, if they come up for sale, they are about 2-3k. Depaends what she is made of. Yes, by the way, McNulty's are long gone, unfortunately.

Owning a wooden boat is a bit of a subconscious need for me. I don't use it half as much as I should and she takes up good space in the Garage. Everyone stares at her when she is dragged out though and I go and stroke her now and again in the long dark winter to meke me feel better. She needs to be filled with water for a day or two to plimb her up (right phrase?) before I put her afloat otherwise she fills up disturbingly fast! Larch on oak I think she is built with. Sails like a dream, rows like a dream and I think makes the kids dream of Swallows and Amazons!

Cheers

ccscott49

Visit site
I keep mine aboard my largish wooden boat, as a backup dinghy really. Use her in the summer, lovely wee boat, mines larch on oak, with Mahogany transom.