MBY, MBM and PBO, a stack too far

G

Himself,(he who thinks he's in charge), has a subscription to all three of these mags. The pile at the side of our bed has now reached over four feet high. Am I being unreasonable in asking him to get rid of the old ones? He tells me they're sacrosanct and I'm not to touch them because they've got useful information in them that he may

G

Re: MBY, MBM and PBO, a stack too far...oops a bit fell off

Himself (he who thinks he's in charge), has a subscription to all three of these mags. The pile at the side of our bed has now reached over four feet high. Am I being unreasonable in asking him to get rid of the old ones? He tells me that they're sacrosanct and I'm not to touch them because they've got useful information in them that he might one day need. I say that he spends enough time playing about on his computer talking with you lot anyway and he can get any information he needs from you, so the mags must go.

What do you all think? Am I being unreasonable? do they go or does he?

G

Tidy them up!......

....to just where he'll catch his little toe during one of those trips to the bathroom in the dead of night.

G

Look, Women just don't understand. I had every edition of MBY from about 1975 and MBM from launch, or so I thought. My first wife was actually sneakily throwing them out before I realised. I mean a complete set may well be worth something but whats a few old mags worth? I mean I live in the house as well you know!

Anyway I have put the matter to the back of my mind as I live in her house, sail her boat and drive her car.

So don't expect any sympathy from me!

Nick

G

Advice.

Yes, you can get rid of the old issues and rely on us instead. But then if we get rid of our old issues will we be able to get advice from you?

G

Madam.

Get a cat.

PBO is perhaps the most absorbent of the journals you describe, and would be quite in its element if used for feline hygene purposes.

MBM is less so, but provides a notable antidote to the common housefly, especially when rolled up.

MBY, on the other hand, is quite useless for anything at all, but a pile of old issues, reworked with editorial fervour, secured with glossy advertising, and stitched up hastily with the hair of the dog, might make useful fenders.

Best

Sue

G

Live aboard. It solves your problems

As the boat sinks deeper in the water so painful decisions have to be taken.

In our boat it is yottimags versus mail-order catalogues. I can't see the point in keeping old mail-order catalogues.

G

PS

Every ten years we have to buy a bigger boat. This is a problem that will never be solved.

G

Re: file the best bits

Hello Mrs C.

He needs a large box file and lots of plastic inserts with the holes in. More than half of every mag is adverts, and so they can be ripped away. The useful articles can be filed. A navigation one can be kept on board, so that they can be very slickly produced at the appropriate moment. However, after having carefully rippedf up and filed the intresting few pages from hundreds of magazines, I have only referred back to one or two articles ever.

G

Only 4ft high what other problems do you have.Take out the 60/70s and most of the 80s as out of date (burn them). Take out mid 80s to mid 90s and shred them as tec to old ,that should cut it down to about 4/6in let him play with that..

G

Mrs Coliholic, you have my sympathy. My husband has 20 years' worth of back issues which are piled in various cupboards and crevices all over the house, the newest editions being filed in the bathroom. I could swear that as soon as the new edition lands on the front doormat it starts to crawl by itself to the bathroom to await its master's return home.

PB