May I go to the boat at the weekend please ?

www.pbsbac.co.uk
Our Marina (MDL Cobbs Quay) is closed. I wondered the same as you so phoned the yard and was told MDL still have skeleton staff looking after boats and checking lines. I also live within walking distance but won't go there as it is closed for a reason. The trouble with playing the local card is that others may feel they have as much right as you to enter the yard to check their toy, then where would be. Do the right thing and steer clear hopefully only for a few short weeks.

Frustrating times, stay safe all

Momac

Visit site
I have spoken with the marina owner and he has no issue with a quick visit given our walk from home is permitted .

Work is due on the pontoon power supply next week (they are changing the bollards in the whole marina and its our turn ).

Old Harry

Visit site
There is another reason not to go. If you are caught it will rouse the interest of the media, I can see the headlines, rich prat puts us all at risk so he can visit his luxury yacht. The fact you maybe on board to find your last tin of Fray Bentos and a bog roll may not be a mitigating factor

Also if one has a firearms certificate, one is deemed to be "a responsible person" so if caught that might jeopardise your certificate

Portofino

Visit site
This specific example feels like a 52/48 % situation .In the OP ,s favour .
Now where have we seen those figures before ? :) .....and the subsequent discussions /arguments that followed !

Momac

Visit site
With the marina owners consent I have walked from home to the boat , made sure everything is switched off . Grabbed some tools and abrasive paper for little jobs at home , rescued a pint of milk from the fridge (still just in date) . Locked up and left . No more than 5 minutes on the boat.

nicho

Visit site
With the marina owners consent I have walked from home to the boat , made sure everything is switched off . Grabbed some tools and abrasive paper for little jobs at home , rescued a pint of milk from the fridge (still just in date) . Locked up and left . No more than 5 minutes on the boat.

Bloody frustrating all this?

pumpsmynads

Visit site
I haven’t been to my boat in 10 days and would normally drive. But given the circumstances, I rode there on my bike, to get my exercise, put the leg down, ran the motor while the volts went from 11.5 to 14.5. Checked lines and fenders, etc.. Leg up, locked up and rode home. 50 mins total. And no need to leave the house again today. Safe safe all.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
I should explain ........I can walk to the boat from home - about half a mile.
The marina office is shut and only a few liveaboards in the marina and none moored near my boat.
I can get past the gate as I have a key.

Would a walk from home , along the footpath , into the marina down the pontoon and a quick check over the boat be considered acceptable ?

No you should not