May Bank Holiday

graham

Visit site
Anyone have any plans? Were planning on Watchet ,weather permitting. I dont know if any celebrations take place in the town over the weekend. If you see us come aboard for a beer.

Anwen

Visit site
Based on the post giving an update on Swansea marina lock gates, I think I'm going to be "stormbound" until the 10th May. Oh well, gives me a compelling reason to go up the mast and fix the wind instrument and re-thread the topping lift which came adrift last year.

graham

Visit site
I guess my post was a bit tactless under the circumstances /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Are you thinking of sailing up for the BCYC rally again this year? We may be in Swansea during August with luck.

Anwen

Visit site
Hi Graham, you don't need to worry about my sensitivities, the plan Vicky and I discussed the other day involved getting the boat ready for the season over the Bank Holiday weekend, so going somewhere other than along the coast for a few hours was never an option.

I will definitely be coming down for the BCYA rally in Cardiff, and am looking forward to seeing everyone again. I actually insured the boat through Bay this year, so got Susanne to put me on the list at the same time! Open boat on Saturday night??

Sneds

Visit site
We came last year, same time as the food festival.

Is that the same this year?

How do we get on the list, I 'spect "Who" will also want to come in his new boat, if he can keep up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike_S

Visit site
Well, engine and leg's being serviced this week and all things being equal this weekend will see a frenzy of activity on the cleaning front as SWMBO and I scrub the congealed muck off, followed by a bit of a splosh as I back the trailer down the CBYC slipramp to put Whi-Ski-n-Water back into the watter after 6 months of being parked in the compound on her trailer. Even though she's now up for sale we can't wait to get it back in the water.

Watch the weather gods go and screw it up for me. Every bloody year as we've put it in for the season, the heavens open and stay open for the summer. Anyone want to pay us to keep her on dry land ?? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mike