Matsutec ha-102 in ais silent on mode

toucancatketch

Visit site
Matsutec ha-102 in ais silent set mode

I have an ha-102 I am hoping to get working. Right now the unit receives properly but does not transmit ais.

When the safety switch is pressed the unit transmits the sart mmsi. Toggle the safety switch and it stops transmitting.

I am using a terminal program on a PC to look at the ais and nmea data sent through the serial port. I paste the data into an online nmea and ais decoder and I can see the mmsi and ship data are correct in the vdo sentence. The GPS sentences looked right as well.

When the unit starts and when it switches from safety the version numbers are shown as well as the mmsi and the message ais silent set. This seems to say it is set not to transmit. Does anyone know how to put it into transmit mode.

Thank you for any help!

Last edited:

Kaily

Visit site
Hi, i´ve got the same problem like you with the HA-102 from Matsutec.
Did you manged it in the meantime?
I receive my own position with the attached GPS Antenna and i receive the AIS Data from other ships.
Unfortunately my AIS Data is not sending :-(
Thanks for help

Rappey

Visit site
Sounds like you need to find where the ais tx/rx on/off menu is?
I have an onwa so cant help with menus but can say my options are off, rx or rx/tx.

pvb

Visit site
I know we all like to save money when we can, buy I can't for the life of me see the appeal of these Matsutec AIS products. From the frequent posts on these forums, it seems that the instruction manuals are dreadful, the warranty support is non-existent, and the manufacturer isn't great at replying to queries. So why buy them? AIS isn't an essential, must-have feature on a leisure boat, so why not save up a bit and buy a proper AIS unit instead?

Rappey

Visit site
I agree the instruction manuals for Chinese products can be worse than terrible rendering the item close to useless, not because it doesn't work but because you don't know how to work it...
Fact is you can buy units for less than £500 with chart plotter, ais and have free world wide charts plus they work with navionics and cmap.
Just a few charts for a branded device will cost more than these units .
Surely a manual can be found online?
You have to remember that forum posts are from people with problems. you never get to see how many people don't have problems ? Its not really an indication of a bad product.

Bobc

Visit site
You have to take it off silent mode. I believe it can be done through connection t a laptop and using the software that came with it.

I think they are set to silent mode by default, to make sure they don't transmit until you have your boat data entered.

olly_love

Visit site
So we think we have sorted it,
If you program the unit as per the instructions then restart it seems to go live,

we don’t seem to be appearing on marine traffic but do to friends around us

we seem to be broadcasting all the info except call sign and name?

Rappey

Visit site
Marine traffic can take many many hrs before you see yourself.. I was tracking a friend sailing around the baltic and some days it was 25 hrs out of date !
Googled your ais and realised they are not chart plotter/ais combo :oops:.