Matching silver anodised finish

Plevier

Visit site
I have a nasty scrape on a silver anodised rail. It will have to be abraded out in some way (burr, wet or dry, emery, not sure what's best?) because dirt and grit have been ground into the metal. Does anyone know of a finish I can apply in situ to make the fresh bright metal a nearer match to silver anodising and give it some protection?
The only thing I know of is Alocrom (or Alodine) but I think that leaves it bright and I don't know where to get hold of a tiny amount, it comes in big packs.
Thanks.

SimbaDog

Visit site
How about using a zinc self etching primer, should be available at good car accessory shop & then paint silver to match?

srp

Visit site
Zinc chromate primer (aerosol, 11.99) from Airworld followed by a top coat of alloy wheel paint from Halfords or similar. That's what I used on my furling gear when I re-built it 3 years ago, and it still looks as good as the day it was done, plus it is a very good match to the anodising on the foil extrusion.
A fine file plus some wet and dry, say 180 and 320 grit, will smooth the damage.