Masking tape

Parsonsheath

Visit site
At the end of that lovely summer I had taped my boat for a repaint, the heat, and delays getting down meant that by the time I came to strip the tape it had welded itself to the boat!
Tried every product that seemed to be of use, no joy, chased everyone for advise,then friend of my wife from nursing days said to try ZOFF, used to clear sticky from plasters, etc,scraped worst off and product cleared residue like magic, so I recommend it to anyone in the same position!

Not all chemists stock it, and it comes in wipes. Chemist said if that did not work to try Vodka, not sure if that was to cheer me up if ZOFF had failed.

<hr width=100% size=1>

starboard

Visit site
Loads and loads and loads of white spirit/turps soaked on a coarse cloth will do it but you must keep applying lots of spirit. The benefit of this is that it will not harm any paint/gel coat where as accetone etc may well do......next time buy 30 day masking tape, this is blue in colour and as it says will easy peel up to 30 days after application. Cheap masking tape will start to set within a couple of days especialy if it becomes wet!!!

<hr width=100% size=1>

VirgoVoyager

Visit site
In my only experience of the blue "30 day" stuff, I found it to be so "easy peel" that it started to fall off of its own accord! Perhaps it wasn't the good quality kind.....

Stuart

<hr width=100% size=1>

bullen

Visit site
Lakeland plastic has a great product called "sticky stuff remover",it even gets off flyers stuck to windscreens.
Jan

<hr width=100% size=1>

MedMan

teall.name
You can also get 3-day and 7-day masking tape. We find the 3-day ideal for antifouling - it sticks well but peels off easily without resudue.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.yachtretreat.com>http://www.yachtretreat.com</A>

maxi

Visit site
A quick application of the wife's hair dryer will do the trick, alternatively a hot air gun used on "low" and with care. Most importantly, don't tell the wife.

Or, as long as you are not using heat sources, lighter fuel will remove old masking tape.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ruff_n_tumble

Visit site
Excellent solvent for this sort of is "Essence F" - got all the sticky residue from my vinyl boot strip off without much elbow grease. Only drawback is that you have to go to France to get it. It's freely on sale in any supermarket over there but too toxic to allow in UK apparently. Not sure what it is chemically - something organic and strong.

<hr width=100% size=1>Steve Marsh
Hunter 27 OOD "Ruff-n-Tumble"
Gosport

Johnjo

Visit site
Being a tight git, I use the cheap stuff.
Only pressing down on the edge that is doing the work makes it easy to remove.
Plus I always try remove it before the paint is fully dry, nearly but not quite !...
I fully understand this is not always possible for some people due to time constrictions.

<hr width=100% size=1>