Mariner 3.3 water tube question

Twyfordbridge

Visit site
Hello, Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong forum (but I am an east coast sailor)

I’m having problems relocating the lower section of my 3.3 Mariner after an impeller change. I have changed impellers before on my 4hp 2 stroke Mariner and 6hp 4 stroke Tohatsu. They both relocated fairly easily after a bit of jiggling as the water tubes were fairly firmly static down through the housing to line up in the correct position. The water tube on my 3.3 hangs loose and swings like a pendulum. Is this normal?
From the parts diagrams online it shows that the top end of the pipe is connected via a grommet and I’m wondering whether something is amiss at that top end. I have seen on other post here that the housing can be separated below the head by 6 bolts, but I don’t really want to start dismantling things if that swinging water tube is normal and I just have to persevere using bent wire, bits of string and copious swearing to refit it.

Twyfordbridge

Visit site
the silence might indicate a request to the mods to move this to PBO is in
Normal.Its a pig to aline.Cant remember how I did it as a couple of ago.Just remember it involved much swearing .
Thank you baldyash and apologies for posting in wrong part of forum😬
I was just concerned that pipe was loose and possibly becoming detached at top end. Did manage to refit it fairly simply later with a suggestion from my wife. Length of fishing line around tube with both ends fed back through the straw enabled pushing and pulling back forth and sideways. Sometimes you just need a fresh head to look at a problem 😀