Marina says all female skippers must have governme

snowleopard

Visit site
just trying for a record thread by including as many hot topics as possible. couldn't fit in ellen or cost of diesel. anyone do better? ;-)

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Come off it

That's not nearly so controversial as the new Euro legislation requiring all vessels to fly the Euro 'blue and gold stars' ensign with the national flag in the top left quarter. Goodbye red, white and blue ensigns. The same legislation requires all vessels to be registered on an EU database, and to display the registration in letters and numbers of a height which is a minimum of 5% of the LOA.

qsiv

Visit site
Re: Come off it

Last year I nearly caused a Frenchman in La Rochelle to suffer a cardiac arrest by suggesting to him that Brussels had passed a law requiring the adoption of the Euro flag in all member states, and making the showing of old national falgs an imprisonable offence, as would be the playing of the old national anthems.

The Frenchman went purple with anger, saying that France would never give up the 'bleu,blanc,rouge', nor accede to the removal of 'Les Marseillaise'. Evidently my sarcasm didnt tranaslate well into French as it took a moment or to to calm him down - at which point he said that the EU, was of course the best thing since sliced bread ...

Ohdrat

Visit site
Re: Ellen skippers crew of 10 YOs on circumnav

Or even "Which boat is best" for those who cannot resist putting their tuppence worth in ;)

G

America to \"colonize\" the world and restore sanity

Bet I gotcha with that one....

Reality is the cause of all stress!!

Rowana

Two steps lower than the ships' cat
Visit site
Re: Big hole in Oxford St. police are looking into

Toilet stolen from police station.

CID say they have nothing to go on.