Marina mooring rates around Orwell

DennisF

Visit site
Well, I’ve just received Suffolk Yacht Harbour’s annual berthing fees for 2024: £467.46 per metre inc VAT, a rise of £26.46 (6%) over last year. As usual a 5% discount applies to payment in full in advance, which reduces this to £444.09 per metre. I would imagine the cartel will ensure that the other marinas in the area will be within spitting distance of this, but it would be useful if others can post what the other marinas in the area are charging.

Swinging mooring fees at SYH will be £193.20 per metre (With payment in advance reducing this to £183.54 per metre). Hardstanding at £25.24 per metre per month.

fredrussell

Visit site
Debbages at the top of the Orwell are a lot cheaper than all the others (approx £250 per metre) but there are two downsides; depending on your draft there’s no getting in and out at LW +/- 1 or 2 hrs. And you have a long old schlep up the Orwell to get anywhere.
Draft less of an issue to me as I have a lifting keel.

Cobra

Visit site
If you wanted to relocate your sailing to the best waters on the East Coast (aka The River Colne!) pontoon moorings in Brightlingsea for the season just gone, start from £87 per metre up to £119.50 per metre. Regular water taxi service all season, 10 minutes from moorings to the river...what is not to like?
If you feel that it must be a marina, Brightlingsea Marina is £250 per metre (OK, it is tide constrained to about HW +/- 3hrs draft dependant) but some people like it!

sailorman

Visit site
Debbages at the top of the Orwell are a lot cheaper than all the others (approx £250 per metre) but there are two downsides; depending on your draft there’s no getting in and out at LW +/- 1 or 2 hrs. And you have a long old schlep up the Orwell to get anywhere.
Draft less of an issue to me as I have a lifting keel.ther is s good reason for their cheaper prica ska "old kent rd" 😁
A

D&T

Visit site
Burham Yacht Harbour are putting their rates up 5% again. Last time they put the increase in electricity costs at the top of the justification list, but electricity has now fallen in price. They also used to offer payment rate (by December) at last years prices. This has virtually been scraped, only a 2% discount now. The word greed comes to mind. I feel sorry for the staff.

oldgit

Visit site
We have just renewed our club contract, our man is pretty on the ball regards this.
Despite the recent " fall" in prices our unit price on 30 minute meter has increased by not far off 40 percent.
We were offered worse deals.

StUrrock

Visit site
If you wanted to relocate your sailing to the best waters on the East Coast (aka The River Colne!) pontoon moorings in Brightlingsea for the season just gone, start from £87 per metre up to £119.50 per metre. Regular water taxi service all season, 10 minutes from moorings to the river...what is not to like?
If you feel that it must be a marina, Brightlingsea Marina is £250 per metre (OK, it is tide constrained to about HW +/- 3hrs draft dependant) but some people like it!
Loved the place, but found the attitude of the harbour office distinctly “non” customer focused.
Harbour workers and water taxi operators just superb.

Plum

Visit site
Loved the place, but found the attitude of the harbour office distinctly “non” customer focused.
Harbour workers and water taxi operators just superb.
Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I visit Brightlingsea 3 or 4 times each year and visited just last week. I have always had good service from all the staff, including those in the office.

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
I love the place too and visit by boat often.
It's the hit and miss parking that puts me off.
Is it any worse or better ?

Visit site
Burham Yacht Harbour are putting their rates up 5% again. Last time they put the increase in electricity costs at the top of the justification list, but electricity has now fallen in price. They also used to offer payment rate (by December) at last years prices. This has virtually been scraped, only a 2% discount now. The word greed comes to mind. I feel sorry for the staff.
Have you had anything official from BYH about this? We are berth holders but haven’t had any communication although I’m sure we renew each April. Regards.

D&T

Visit site
Have you had anything official from BYH about this? We are berth holders but haven’t had any communication although I’m sure we renew each April. Regards.
I received an email stating that the early payment discount was being reduced. The email stated that there would be a 5% increase and the early discount was only 2%. I think they only sent the email to those who have previously paid early. An early Christmas kick in the teeth!

Plum

Visit site

RivalRedwing

Visit site

Other threads that may be of interest