Marina around Amsterdam to leave boat for a couple of weeks.

PeterWright

Visit site
Hi,

We're off to Holland next week and, at some point will need to leave Wild Thyme for a couple of weeks and return to blighty. It's more than 30 years since I last sailed in Dutch waters, so my local knowledge is next to useless.

Can anyone recommend a harbour within easy travel to Schiphol to leave her in at a reasonable price? LOA 12.7m, draft 1.83m, air draft 18.3m.

Thanks in anticipation,

Peter

Debenair

Visit site
Over 20 years ago we used Marina Nauerna up one of the side canals on the North Sea Canal so easy to,access if you go into Ijmuiden.
The canal in question is practically opposite the canal down to Harlem , where there is a splendid club (WV Ijmond)just through the bridge from the NSC, although whether they would have space for a boat your size is a question.
Mr Navins treatise on the inland waterways of the Netherlands mentions a number of others up other side canals.

Vamoose

www.flickr.com
I am there at the moment. Not particularly close to Amsterdam but hope the general info might of use

I came home 2 weeks ago for a week and left the boat in Goes . 2 hrs train ride from Schipol . Fare 22Euros. I am coming home again next week and leaving the boat in Dordrecht for 5 days, which I think is about just over an hour by train to Schipol

Expect to pay between 1.25 and 1.85 euros per metre per night. Pm me if you need more info

Last edited: