Mailspeed marine

Gwylan

Visit site
Are they going bust?

Seem to be sending out loony mailing with offers on all sorts of stuff.

Getting a bit tedious

Others experiences?

FullCircle

Visit site
They no longer have shops, so mail order is their milieu.

Expect deluges.

I had good experiences with the Burnham On Crouch mob, very sorry to see them being made redundant, so personally I no longer use Mailspeed.

GrahamM376

Visit site
From what I can gather, Simon sold the company to an organisation who just does mail order so in effect they're now just a mail order warehouse. Very different from the early days when he and Ian just had the one chandlery in Conwy marina.

Burnham Bob

Visit site
another post about how much we miss the burnham chandlery. it was always wel stocked and the staff were knowlegeable, but service went right down in the last month or so - hardly surprising - when the familiar faces disappeared.

as far as i can see their prices are no better than other online chandlers and i did post about a really bad expereince i had with them but that could have been a one-off.

tidclacy

Visit site
Try Yachting Solutions at Rice and Coles just round the corner from where Mailspeed Marine was in Burnham. Andy the boss is very knowledgeable and got a good mention in Yachting Monthly about sea cocks ( selling the right ones ).

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I used to buy a lot of good gear from the Warrington branch .They had very helpful staff there. Their helpfulness was the only reason I parted with the money, do not see a reason to deal with them now.

Baddox

Visit site
I met some of their team at the 2010 boat show and found them helpful. We discussed some electronics and they offered a good price so I placed an order for delivery.
Out of the blue they ‘phoned me last month, more than 18months since the order, asking if there was anything else they could help with. Then the e-mails started coming through.

Visit site
Since the demise of the Burnham shop I stopped dealing with them. I travelled specially to go to the Burnham shop as they always had what I wanted and had very friendly staff. I wonder how much business they lost as a result of that decision to kill the shop fronts off?