Mad Max hit 'n' run - photos

KevB

Visit site
Re: Mad Max hit \'n\' run - photos

What has wheels and brakes got to do with it. I was just demonstrating that just because something is big doesn't nean it's going to cause damage when it comes into contact with something else. In the case of the jumbo, the ground at 200mph!!

Suggest you re read so you know what you are commenting on....

raven

Visit site

There appears to be a debate developing about what to call the mobo skipper - options range from "Tosser" through "Scum" to innocent bystander.

My own opinion (for what it's worth) is that the guy is at best guilty of glaring arrogance. He clearly caused a collision, was aware of that fact and did not hang around long enough to communicate anything back to the innocent victim.

In Rogers position I would be forced to conclude that his haste to get away could only (reasonably) be interpreted in one way - you therefore arrive in a position to choose your words......on balance I would select from the less polite options!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Will_M

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry but I think it shows your level of naivety if you believe that just because something is big it's going to cause damage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont be ridiculous, yes it’s a ‘big’ boat, but more over and more relevant and what I was actually taking about is its weight! Something of that sort of displacement ‘leaning’ against another boat that is fixed in its position is very probably going to leave signs of impact.

Remember the original poster says the pulpit and close area took the damage, not bloody surprising it got damaged really is it!

Talk about been naive….

KevB

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
pulpit and close area took the damage, not bloody surprising it got damaged really is it!

[/ QUOTE ]

So much damage that they didn't realise till they got back to their berth??? Yeah right!!

I'm not disputing the mobo should have made contact (not physical /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif) before leaving and not doing so makes him look like a bit of a numb nut. But some of the names and accusations posted are just laughable.

We are all different, I personally wouldn't be putting so much effort into finding him if it was me. It was an accident, it was a meterial thing that got busted, no one was hurt, <font color="black">s</font>hit happens. That's what we all have insurance for isn't it? Or don't some of you have insurance?? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

raven

Visit site

You have a nice attitude....must also have pots of money!

If it was me I would be mad as hell that the geezer p****d off in his big swanky boat leaving me to contact the insurance company, loose my no claims bonus, stand the excess and wait for the renewal premium to take a hike.

Worse than that - on the basis of what's been said, Chummy chose to drive off into the sunset without having the common courtesy to even enquire if there was any damage.....that sucks!

duncan

Visit site

funily enough I agree with nearly all the view expressed here - just not the way they are expressed.

I hope that further contact is made, as I am sure it will be eventually, and the matter resolved between the parties involved.

KevB

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
geezer p****d off in his big swanky boat

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I sense a slight pang of jealousy? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

KevB

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Gotta say I whole heartedly endorse your view. Much a do about nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the accident involved a car, someone bashes it and drives off. You'd notifiy the authorities and your insurance and forget about it. Let the insurance company do their stuff and wait for them to repair it. I doubt there'd be many who would post on all the car web sites looking for the owner /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Seems this is personal rather than material.

I am wondering if such a fuss would have occured if it was yacht v's yacht or mobo v's mobo??

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Think one of the biggest problems is. One. The photo's clearly showed no damage, only folk fending off. Roger did not make us aware what damage he had sustained in the first place, so obviously everyone thought. Big storm in a tea cup. Then course he goes on to not only post on Scuttlebut but here as well, calling the bloke all sorts of names. So even though maybe in the right. Roger seems to have lost the moral high ground!!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

No, I guess it wouldn't have. If a nice J class yacht had drifted into his pulpit, methinks rogerroger would've put it down to experience but there's definitely more than a hint of mobo v yottie here

raven

Visit site

Yeh, maybe if I saved up really hard I could be a complete tosser as well!

Nothing at all to do with money, it's simply a question of attitude towards other people. I find it annoying when someone assumes an advantage over someone else.

Doesnt matter if Mad Max's Skipper is richman / poorman / beggarman / thief......he's still in the wrong.

KevB

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh, maybe if I saved up really hard I could be a complete tosser as well!

Nothing at all to do with money, it's simply a question of attitude towards other people. I find it annoying when someone assumes an advantage over someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are definitely confused. First you say that you'd need to save up to be a tosser as well. I assume the as well means the same as the owner of the "swanky" boat?
Then you say it's nothing to do with money. Make up your mind.

AFWIW I agree he should have checked for damage even if it was for his own piece of mind that someone wasn't going to try and pin damage on him that he didn't actually cause. I guess if Rogerroger ever catches up with him he will have learnt his lesson and will check next time /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

raven

Visit site

Crikey Kev - its like being in the psychiatrists chair!,

My "Maybe if I saved up..." remark was a spot of sarcastic irony - a joke!

My original point was that the mobo skipper was knowingly wrong and he is therefore (perhaps) a tosser! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

jimh

Visit site

I also find it a little bizarre that during this moment when a collision was imminent and obvious damage was inevitable, either you or one of your crew did no more than stand and take photo's,, hmm...

KevB

Visit site

Speak to my secretary and make an appointment. I'm sure after an hour in the chair I can rid you of the deep seated jealousy of people with big boats /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hlb

RIP
Visit site

Yes I see the ruse here. The mobo obviously had his anchor down, it's in the picture. Roger, having a bent pulpit, saw a way of getting a freebie. So he hangs a bit of chain over the front and slowly creeps up on the unsuspecting mobo. Camera in hand to collect the evidence. Mobo crew pushes him away, again evident by photo. Roger slinks away pretending to be hurt and limping, pretending that it is the mobo escaping. But in the last photo the mobo is indeed stationary. So ends the defence of the aledged defendant yer honnor, who has been cruely misled and is indeed the victim in this matter. Five years for contempt of court and being derisery of a mobo Roger. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif