Low Voltage to EVC

Monterey400

Visit site
I have Twin VP IPS 500 370 hp engines. I am getting a low-voltage to the EVC alarm, and the Joystick cuts out. I have replaced the batteries with AGM as a precaution because they were not charging correctly. I have also gotten Total Steering and Throttle Failure once. Codes pulled while in OEM Mode are 164 PSID 99 FMI 12. I think that it may be an alternator issue. Does anyone have any ideas, or at least does anyone know what these codes mean?

Andyroonot

Visit site
I have Twin VP IPS 500 370 hp engines. I am getting a low-voltage to the EVC alarm, and the Joystick cuts out. I have replaced the batteries with AGM as a precaution because they were not charging correctly. I have also gotten Total Steering and Throttle Failure once. Codes pulled while in OEM Mode are 164 PSID 99 FMI 12. I think that it may be an alternator issue. Does anyone have any ideas, or at least does anyone know what these codes mean?
The code explanation is not really very easy to advise on via a message here, and certainly doesn’t relate to battery voltage, Joystick or steering issues

Do you have any other codes?

Have you had anyone check for (and apply) any software updates?

Does this happen all of the time or just randomly?

Monterey400

Visit site
I keep getting a low battery to EVC alarm on the port engine. I did get a low voltage to SUS alarm once also. Thinking it may be the alternator.