Lost CE Certificate of Conformity - 1999 Boat

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
I'm in the UK. I have recently bought a 1999 boat (Princess 460) that has been in the UK all its life. It is allegedly CE certified and has RCD Cat B, but there is no CE certificate or statement of CE conformity in the boat papers, nor is there a CE plate on the boat.

Question is whether or where I can obtain a copy of said CE certificate or statement of CE conformity?

FWIW I've sent an enquiry to Princess, so that may produce a response.

Ideas welcome.

Greg2

Visit site
I think you have already contacted the most likely source. The paperwork for CE certification in the manual for,our Hardy includes a copy of a certificate of conformity for several Hardy models so my guess is that Princess will have the same for the 460.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
I think you have already contacted the most likely source. The paperwork for CE certification in the manual for,our Hardy includes a copy of a certificate of conformity for several Hardy models so my guess is that Princess will have the same for the 460.
Yes I hope so. The manual is where I expected to find it but it's not there; the manual appears to be complete otherwise.

Tranona

Visit site
I think the inclusion in the handbook was a later requirement. I don't recall it being in the handbook of my 2001 Bav, but as a separate document. The should however be a plate on the boat, usually at the helm station with the category. I am surprised that the boat is not CatA probably for 6 people and B for 12.

Pretty sure however that Princess will put you right.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
I think the inclusion in the handbook was a later requirement. I don't recall it being in the handbook of my 2001 Bav, but as a separate document. The should however be a plate on the boat, usually at the helm station with the category. I am surprised that the boat is not CatA probably for 6 people and B for 12.

Right thanks. I’d think it’s not a Cat A, but happy to be proved wrong 😊

benjenbav

Visit site
I’m sure that, as others have said, Princess will be able to help, as the issuer of the CE certificate.

It would be interesting to ask if there is a CE plate in some hidden location. Underneath the f/b dash or somewhere equally obscure. I suspect their approach would have been to hide it rather than not include it.

Alicatt

Visit site
I’m sure that, as others have said, Princess will be able to help, as the issuer of the CE certificate.

It would be interesting to ask if there is a CE plate in some hidden location. Underneath the f/b dash or somewhere equally obscure. I suspect their approach would have been to hide it rather than not include it.
Some had them on the inside of the transom.

It's where I found the build date of our Placom 750 and it was also written on the backing board of the backrest for the seats in the galley, only found that when we were recovering the seats.

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
The CE plate may well be hidden somewhere, there are a lot of nooks and crannies that I've yet to squeeze into. It's definitely not in plain sight though.

This morning I have found a single piece of paper in the file with a note on it saying "Princess 460, CE B Category, 10 persons" so although that's not a certificate (looks like the product of a 25 year old word processor) it does suggest that there should be one, and a corresponding plate, somewhere yet to be found!

Sticky Fingers

Visit site

Found the plate. Nothing back from Princess so far.

IMG_4801.jpeg

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
Go to the Princess stand at the boat show. Tell a shiny suited sales rep you're thinking of buying the latest Okey Cokey 72 from their range but you just need the CE certificate to be able to sell yours to fund it. Expect the cert by return post :ROFLMAO:
A year ago I sent an e-mail for a 2001 Princess 45 CE certificate, and they served me well.
I think they just asked for a small administration fee like 40£. So you should have no problems with this.