Liferaft testing on the Algarve

Heckler

Visit site
Just had mine done. Phoned John up at Ayamonte, Ayamar, he arranges for Alvaro Silva of Orey to do it. He picks it up from wherever you are then returns it a few days later. Costs €349 for everything, no matter what needs doing. He takes note of your registry and in our case gives a 3 year ticket.
Excellent service.
Stu

greeny

Visit site
These comments concern me a little!
I visited Orey a couple of years ago when I was in the market for a new raft. I didn't buy from him in the end because Uk prices were so much better and I got one back there. Whilst I was there, he was in the middle of servicing several rafts and had 4 of them inflated in his workshop. He appears to be an acredited agent for several manufacturers. Whilst I can't say for sure if they do everything they're supposed to do, they certainly looked to a decent, proffessional outfit.
My raft will be up for re cert next year and I was intending to use Orey for the work as it's only down the road from Portimao. I may be reading too much into the comments but is there any real concern that they don't do the work properly or is it just that you don't know they do for sure?
I do have the advantage that I can be there to watch if I like.