Lifejackets and hairyplanes

G

I cannot get a straight answer from Easyjet or the CAA.

Can I take my co2 cartridge from my crewsaver on the plane, as hand luggage?

Thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

milltech

www.iTalkFM.com
There is a thread about this which you can follow, I copied this from one of the posts after doing a search IATA:

The carriage of C02 inflated lifejackets as passenger baggage IS permitted, with the approval of the operator (airline). The current (42nd) edition of the IATA (International Air Transport Association) Dangerous goods regulations refer. From memory Sect 2.3.4. which deals with 'Dangerous goods' as baggage. Again, from memory, I believe 2 additional 'spare' cartridges permitted per passenger. The bottom line is call the airline and quote the above if you get someone
not sure what you are talking about! I recently travelled from Heathrow to Hong Kong with a PFD as hand bagagge and after security checked with a supervisor, I was let through no problem.

Definitely best to get prior approval just in..............

<hr width=100% size=1>John
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.allgadgets.co.uk>http://www.allgadgets.co.uk</A>

G

Thanks - much appreciated, Easyjet are not much use, but I will turn up and try nonetheless.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Deep_6

Visit site
After seeing the TV prog Airline, I think they will wait till you show up at the checkin desk then tell you No - hoping that you will blow a fuse -then tell you that the flight closed 2 minutes ago.

<hr width=100% size=1>

upstream

Visit site
Actually easyJet allow the carraige of personal life jackets and 1 spare cylinder as hold or cabin baggage as per Ops Manual part A General P9-8.
I should think not all the check in staff know this, although they should.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Martin_e

Visit site
As you can see from a couple of the posts the answer is yes, but as checked hold bagage. I tried to take them Ryan air and was told that it was up to the air line so they were given to the Captain who said no because they were not stamped FAA aproved. BS if you ask me but that was that. Some joker got two free cylinders at Stansted.
The last time I went to Greece I phoned and asked the airline first. The answer was no. I then quoated the IATA rule on this thread and the girl became unsure, asked me to send a copy. 2 Hours later e-mail back with the airlines permition. I than asked for a signed letter just to show any over zealous security, or captain. Two days later that was in the post box. Everything went well.
Get the airlines writen permition first.
PS : they wanted the life jacket cylinder removed from the jacket.

<hr width=100% size=1>