Li ion battery fire

geem

Visit site
INEOS Brittania has suffered a Li battery fire, I think the damage was quite severe.
You can imagine that in the interests of weight saving, they chose a lithium battery with a higher energy density than lifepo4. With this, you run the risk of thermal runaway if something goes wrong. That is why no sane person installs anything other than lifepo4 chemistry on their pride and joy

Refueler

Visit site
INEOS Brittania has suffered a Li battery fire, I think the damage was quite severe.

We assume or read between the lines that its a Li fire ... the report doesn't actually say that ... it says sudden electrical fire ..... water pumped in to contain the fire etc.

I'm not saying its not a Li fire ... but even a LiPo (one of the most liable to thermal runaway) needs something to trigger the event ...

'geem' Yes LiFePo4 is safer - but still is capable of thermal runaway ... and to assume INEOS chose a different 'chemistry' - I cannot find any reference to support that ...

geem

Visit site
We assume or read between the lines that its a Li fire ... the report doesn't actually say that ... it says sudden electrical fire ..... water pumped in to contain the fire etc.

I'm not saying its not a Li fire ... but even a LiPo (one of the most liable to thermal runaway) needs something to trigger the event ...

'geem' Yes LiFePo4 is safer - but still is capable of thermal runaway ... and to assume INEOS chose a different 'chemistry' - I cannot find any reference to support that ...
The report is rubbish and everything is conjecture!