Lewmar hatches

billskip

Visit site
There seems to be a problem with the hinges on mine ..when opened they would stay in a position without support ..something to do with the hinge design..now they wont stay open without support..is there a repair kit for the hinges or a way of repair ..I have tried lewmar but no luck.... thanks

Bill
www.aegeansailing.co.uk

philip_stevens

www.celticwebdesign.net
Yes, contact Lewmar and explain to them what you want. I did last spring, and they sent me two rubber pieces that fit within the hinges. I'm not sure what they are called, but they can supply the spares.

If I find the contact address among my "useful" addresses, I will post it on here. If I still have the scanned images on the computer disks, I will let you know so that you can email the piccies to them.

regards,
Philip

DanTribe

Visit site
Bill.If it's a Lewmar Ocean hatch there should be a means of adjusting the friction using a 4mm allen key. I have instruction sheet if you want.
Dan

ccscott49

Visit site
Dan,
Could you send me the instuction sheet please, I have the same problem, I know they can be adjusted, but not how!
Colin.

S

Skyva_2

There is a repair kit; the plastic cams in the hinges wear and need replacing eventually. Don't understand why Lewmar cannot help, I bought a kit last year at Boat Show. Their instructions are quite clear, but its a fiddly job.

They are b******d to replace unless you can get the hatch fully open, as you need to compress a solid rubber bar which maintains pressure on the cam. Either stand on it or I used an old prop shaft to apply pressure - or remove the cover competely.

Keith