Lewmar Electric Winch Servicing

johnabbott893

www.theabbotts.eu
I have a Lewmar ST40 Ocean Electric Winch. I can't work out how to remove the drive side gear assembly so that I can service the pawls etc. Removing the whole gear support pillar will break the bolt sealing and seems excessive. Anyone know how to do this service?

rotrax

South Oxon, Littlehampton and Wellington, NZ.
Visit site
I have a Lewmar ST40 Ocean Electric Winch. I can't work out how to remove the drive side gear assembly so that I can service the pawls etc. Removing the whole gear support pillar will break the bolt sealing and seems excessive. Anyone know how to do this service?

I've got one too, no info or manual came with the boat.

Therefore any gen on this would be useful.

Thanks in anticipation!

Ademist

Visit site
To get to the lower gear wheels, you just remove the flat headed screws and the whole pillar and the lower gears can then come out much as the two sets above them. Take lots of photos as you go. The gears will only fit back in the correct way , but following the photos was quicker than trial and error. Not sure there was any bolt sealing on mine when I serviced them.

johnabbott893

www.theabbotts.eu
To get to the lower gear wheels, you just remove the flat headed screws and the whole pillar and the lower gears can then come out much as the two sets above them. Take lots of photos as you go. The gears will only fit back in the correct way , but following the photos was quicker than trial and error. Not sure there was any bolt sealing on mine when I serviced them.
Thank you for that. Just what I needed. Its a shame the servicing of the Electronic Winches is not covered by the Lewmar Winch Servicing Manuals. They are full of excellent info and a real help with part numbers and for doing the Manual Winch Servicing. Shame they didn't just add the bit about removing the winch pillar for the Electric Winches.