Leaving boat unattended Nidri

OldBawley

Visit site
I guess it all boyls down to who you are and who you know. This Norwegian guy had Pans also and was refunded even the extraordinary high salvage costs.
On the other hand, just last year the owners of a real big new catamaran who had bought a mooring here in Poros asked their insurance what and how and ware told they ware not insured if they left their yacht on a mooring.
I later saw they now rented their yacht out as Airb&b while the yacht was on their mooring and the owners where not on board. Maybe the situation is different when someone ( even a inexperienced young women ) is on board.

[3889]

Visit site
Things may or may not had changed , but a few years ago our friend ask his insurance company who happened to be pants would he be covered if he left the boat on , what was then Nelison pontoon for three weeks while they returned back home , they where told that the boat wouldn't be covered even tho he was paying someone to look after it .

No sure of current policy but when was I was quoted by Pants 2 years ago they stipulated the boat must not be unattended for more than 28 days.

RupertW

Visit site
No sure of current policy but when was I was quoted by Pants 2 years ago they stipulated the boat must not be unattended for more than 28 days.

But not for a named base marina surely. We often leave ours for 4 or 5 months afloat at our winter base and Amlin cover that.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
But not for a named base marina surely. We often leave ours for 4 or 5 months afloat at our winter base and Amlin cover that.

I sure it's ok in a marina ,
I can't see a boat still being insured if left at anchor more then say a day or two . Or on a public quay .
When my mate ask it was to be left on Nirdi marine pontoon and they wouldn't cover it , that was only about five years ago .

RupertW

Visit site
I sure it's ok in a marina ,
I can't see a boat still being insured if left at anchor more then say a day or two . Or on a public quay .
When my mate ask it was to be left on Nirdi marine pontoon and they wouldn't cover it , that was only about five years ago .

Just from experience alone I really don’t like leaving the boat even overnight if the anchor is being used - whether against a pontoon or free anchoring. Whereas in town quays in Croatia they always have lazy lines and I’m fine to spend a few days away if the forecast is good.